Dixie Chicks

I have decided.

My big incubator has been turned off.

My small incubator has space that will not be filled. (Eggs in it will hatch in 2 weeks)

:eek:

I will have to eat all of the blue eggs sitting on the counter.

I have decided.

My big incubator has been turned off.

My small incubator has space that will not be filled. (Eggs in it will hatch in 2 weeks)

ep.gif

I will have to eat all of the blue eggs sitting on the counter.

But WHYYYY......

deb

I know.... It doesn't sound like me.

I dunno.... I am running out of space (not that that has ever stopped me before) but I am also a bit miffed that so few people are buying my chicks

that's awesome! Mine is going to take 3 days if all goes well. When I google mapped it, said 37 hour drive. Not counting the sitting at the post office time or any traffic. This year I have had much self control and have not purchased any from the local feed stores this year.......yet.

Stay away from the feed stores! Turns out my feed store only started doing this accidentally. They do special order for customers, but then someone said no to 100 chicks on the day they were shipped. Last minute cancellation. So they just displayed them and they were all gone by Friday. they have done this a few times since and its gone very well for them.

I know.... It doesn't sound like me.

I dunno.... I am running out of space (not that that has ever stopped me before) but I am also a bit miffed that so few people are buying my chicks

Do it for the meat to go into your freezer? Sorry Alaskan.

Apparently one of hubbies coworkers wants me to hatch him some chicks later this year.. After he convinces his wife that they need chickens. Haha

I have hatched out this year,

In standard size:

Dominiques, Spitz, Black Ameraucana, and blue and green egg layers (Black Am over various Leghorns for blue eggs, and over Doms and one dark egg laying mutt for green)

In bantam:
D'anvers in mixed colors, wheaten Ameraucana, and that wheaten Am over d'uccle girls and one d'anver girl for blue egg layers.

But nah... I am not gunna ship. Shipping to or from here bites way too big.

I am thinking that we will butcher a bunch "way too soon" just so that we can stop feeding them. I have never butchered them at such a tiny size...but whatever. Feed here is pretty spendy.

Back
Top Bottom