Dixie Chicks

Finally! I got a little time to grab some pics of the chicks. Here some of them. There are several out of the 17 that look the same.

There a 2 of these. I'm thinking Rainbow Ranger.

Andalusian. It has spur nubs already, but as I found out with my 3 girls I had that doesn't mean much.

I think this one is a New Hampshire.

I have no idea what this is.

Barred Rock. Won't be sticking around.

The White Marans.Can't see its two little leg feathers since it laid over them.

Dom? Black sex-link boy? Very indistinct barring. I hardly noticed it until now.

White spot on top of its head, but no barring. I'd say this is one from my eggs, but I don't think it is. No barring.

Bantam Welsummer. This little sucker is adorable.

Standard Welsummer.

Some of these fat little things look like broilers. Not even kidding.

@Razadia

I think this one is a homegrown sexlink...so clearly female since there is no barring.

What is the comb on this one?

@Razadia

I think this one is a homegrown sexlink...so clearly female since there is no barring.

What is the comb on this one?

That makes sense since the rooster could be my barred EE. As for the other 2, both have a straight comb. One of them could have come from my eggs, but the other one is pretty fat with slower feather growth than I've ever seen from my own chicks. If it helps, my hens are BA and BA/RIR. Roosters are White chantelcler, WC/BO, and EE.

Huh...well straight comb means dad cannot be the chanticleer, unless the chanticleer is heterozygous for...uh...are they pea comb?

So dad must be the WC cross...is that white cochin? Or white cornish?

Cornish is probably slow feathering.

Huh...well straight comb means dad cannot be the chanticleer, unless the chanticleer is heterozygous for...uh...are they pea comb?

So dad must be the WC cross...is that white cochin? Or white cornish?

Cornish is probably slow feathering.
White Chantecler is WC. He was a cushion comb and it ended up being dominant in the WC/BO. The only straight combs in the bunch are the hens (Black Australorp and Black Australorp/RIR). The EE has a pea comb. His parentage is either Barred Rock or Dom over EE. Probably Dom since I hatch one from the same dozen he came from.

Back
Top Bottom