Dixie Chicks

No reason I can see other than curiosity, nothing much in there to eat, zero fertilizer and no compost... he's not getting into to anything, garbage, coop, etc but he's not moving on. Big fat thing, very well fed... Neighbour called the conservation officer they are going to trap him. I am looking into electric fences anyway. I'm greatful as usual for my dog, just wish he was like three times bigger, and that old dog was 10 years younger.

OMG!!!! :love

Seems like yesterday we were guessing pullet or cockerel! :lau

Alaskan, how'd you get your little "frosted flake" monicker?

You gotta have a paid or won membership, what used to be GFM/PPM's... they merged them into one premium membership, think it's call a PFM now...

There is a thread on here somewhere...where you post, asking for whatever line you want.

Then an administrator adds it for you.

Nope, not anymore... they locked that thread... now you go to your account and click Personal Details... it'll pop up with a status message, kinda like FB and our old bulletin board combined, then your avatar pic, and under that is the box for your custom title... you can change it whenever you want...

Way less scarred of a bear than a cougar personally... had a cougar in my back yard this winter almost crapped my pants.

Holy crow!!! Be careful... hope the bear gets taken care of soon...

Hello, long time since I have been on the site. Things surely have changed. I experienced a horrible purchase and I want everyone to know how bad it was. Please learn from my experience and mistake..
I am going to tell you up front, This is how rotten some people are!

Late one afternoon a woman sent me a message telling me she had what I wanted from last year. I had gotten a dead and dying order from her and she had told me, she would make it up to me next Spring. Well it was next Spring.

She told me she hatched every egg from "that" pair, that she hatched them like mad and has many of them and said she was going to put them up on RareBreedsAuction that night but if I wanted these last that hatched she would not put them up for auction and told me her price included shipping for 8-10 Straight Run Chicks. I paid that night $350. Each week I asked about the chicks? At the one month mark I told her she can keep them, I was cancelling order and wanted a refund. She informed me NO cancellations NO refunds.

So I called PayPal and filed a complaint. They contacted her and she claimed it was a custom order and would take time to fill. What? So they awarded her the win. Shocked I asked how they came up with that conclusion? Was told she has in her TERMS, this was a Custom Order. Where did that come from???? She also sent them a pic of a box of chicks, a custom order she sent out. I told them I have not received any chicks this year and where is the Post Office Receipt from her THIS year but There had been three times last year. They question three orders from her last year? Yes! 2 from her and one from someone she had send me the chicks from another state. They questioned me about not getting chicks this year? No but last year I did. I told them I have transcripts, text messages, emails and private messages to back up what I am saying from conversations she led me to believe they had hatched and told me she hatched EVERY egg from that pair and there was nothing about a custom order, she was offering to me and if I did not want them, she would be selling on RareBreedAuctions and I did not Have the chicks YET and it was Friday over a month later. AT THAT POINT, They looked into what I was saying in my Appeal and I won the Appeal. That was Friday am.

She contacted me on the following Tuesday night and said she won the case and sent me the chicks on Monday afternoon and I needed to Be there to get the chicks on Wednesday morning. But on Monday afternoon I had made Doctors appts for Wednesday morning. She should have sent a message she was sending the chicks. Too late to cancel I know if I was not there the next morning that would be animal cruelty and I was there at Post Office to get Chicks. Then I phone Doctors Office to tell them why I was NOT there. Two chicks were dead before night fall, Wednesday of delivery. They were in bad condition being they were around two weeks and had been stomped in the box with no traces of any food stuff for them.
What could have tramped them? The other 6 chickens. It looked as if each chick was a week apart, like 8 chicks collected over 10 weeks. Why would anyone do such a thing? And they were ALL Roos!!! ALL ROOS with Orange Legs!!! Orange legs on an English Orpington. I Have never had an English Orpington with Orange legs. I want others to know what happened to me. This was my worse buy ever in the animal world. I will not buy "ungendered" Large Fowl chicks due to what this woman did. For me, buying ungendered Large Fowl English Orpington comes to a screeching halt as well as all these extremely high prices for them. Utterly rediculus. So what if I paid $80. A chick for Silver Laced Eng Orp. There is no way in my economically depressed area can I get more than $10. A chick! It will NOT happen. I have certainly learned from my mistake of purchasing from this Greeder and I will Never buy from her again. But she left such a bad taste in my mouth!

Hello, long time since I have been on the site. Things surely have changed. I experienced a horrible purchase and I want everyone to know how bad it was. Please learn from my experience and mistake..
I am going to tell you up front, This is how rotten some people are!

Late one afternoon a woman sent me a message telling me she had what I wanted from last year. I had gotten a dead and dying order from her and she had told me, she would make it up to me next Spring. Well it was next Spring.

She told me she hatched every egg from "that" pair, that she hatched them like mad and has many of them and said she was going to put them up on RareBreedsAuction that night but if I wanted these last that hatched she would not put them up for auction and told me her price included shipping for 8-10 Straight Run Chicks. I paid that night $350. Each week I asked about the chicks? At the one month mark I told her she can keep them, I was cancelling order and wanted a refund. She informed me NO cancellations NO refunds.

So I called PayPal and filed a complaint. They contacted her and she claimed it was a custom order and would take time to fill. What? So they awarded her the win. Shocked I asked how they came up with that conclusion? Was told she has in her TERMS, this was a Custom Order. Where did that come from???? She also sent them a pic of a box of chicks, a custom order she sent out. I told them I have not received any chicks this year and where is the Post Office Receipt from her THIS year but There had been three times last year. They question three orders from her last year? Yes! 2 from her and one from someone she had send me the chicks from another state. They questioned me about not getting chicks this year? No but last year I did. I told them I have transcripts, text messages, emails and private messages to back up what I am saying from conversations she led me to believe they had hatched and told me she hatched EVERY egg from that pair and there was nothing about a custom order, she was offering to me and if I did not want them, she would be selling on RareBreedAuctions and I did not Have the chicks YET and it was Friday over a month later. AT THAT POINT, They looked into what I was saying in my Appeal and I won the Appeal. That was Friday am.

She contacted me on the following Tuesday night and said she won the case and sent me the chicks on Monday afternoon and I needed to Be there to get the chicks on Wednesday morning. But on Monday afternoon I had made Doctors appts for Wednesday morning. She should have sent a message she was sending the chicks. Too late to cancel I know if I was not there the next morning that would be animal cruelty and I was there at Post Office to get Chicks. Then I phone Doctors Office to tell them why I was NOT there. Two chicks were dead before night fall, Wednesday of delivery. They were in bad condition being they were around two weeks and had been stomped in the box with no traces of any food stuff for them.
What could have tramped them? The other 6 chickens. It looked as if each chick was a week apart, like 8 chicks collected over 10 weeks. Why would anyone do such a thing? And they were ALL Roos!!! ALL ROOS with Orange Legs!!! Orange legs on an English Orpington. I Have never had an English Orpington with Orange legs. I want others to know what happened to me. This was my worse buy ever in the animal world. I will not buy "ungendered" Large Fowl chicks due to what this woman did. For me, buying ungendered Large Fowl English Orpington comes to a screeching halt as well as all these extremely high prices for them. Utterly rediculus. So what if I paid $80. A chick for Silver Laced Eng Orp. There is no way in my economically depressed area can I get more than $10. A chick! It will NOT happen. I have certainly learned from my mistake of purchasing from this Greeder and I will Never buy from her again. But she left such a bad taste in my mouth!
I'm so sorry. Unfortunately it takes all kinds. She probably laughed all the way to the bank. But what goes around comes around

I'm so sorry. Unfortunately it takes all kinds. She probably laughed all the way to the bank. But what goes around comes around
She killed my hobby! Every year I buy chicks to add to my flocks and sell off the one year old breeders. She killed my hobby. Last year when I got the dead and dying Chicks in the $200. Order Sept/Oct time period she said she would make it up To me this Spring. This year she hit me up for $350. She killed my hobby. I operate on NO margin. I live off my Retirement Social Security Checks.

Back
Top Bottom