Dixie Chicks

20170615_081605.jpg

Hmmmm... I need to go wash the car... and deep water my yard...

Ow wow Ravyn.... It doesnt even get that hot here.... Those temp swings are baaadd for living beings.

Its only been in the nineties here... Though this weekend we are in for a heat wave. 100 plus... and thats down here by the coast.

Up at the house It should be pushing around 110. during the day. WE do get relief at night and Though no Rain to cool off. The exact opposite... Very very dry.

Not un heard of to have the humidity around fifteen percent.

Deb, I agree... very bad for living beings... :(
Usually doesn't drop that much even at night lately... or at least all last summer and this last week... used to be gorgeous, temperate weather here every summer... now it's the microwave stop on the way to the oven...

Keep up on your electrolytes.... fresh greens is an excellent source but if you are out and about those gatoraid type drinks are a must.

I know you know this but I restate it every heat wave because others may not. Keep your clothes on. Wear loose fitting cotton. Cover your neck wear a hat if you can stand one.

Dehydration is your biggest enemy same goes for your critters... that and keeping your core temperature from rising.

WEve all yeard of Wind chill factor.... there is also something called heat index. Thats the preceieved temperature vs the actual temperature and it has all to do with humidity.

link to a discussion on Heat

HEAT Index chart

heatindexchart-650.jpg

deb

Back
Top Bottom