Dixie Chicks

Do it Sam! :D
I set 24 eggs on Saturday. Some eggs from my blue Marans and chocolate Orpingtons, although bantam cochins will be the daddys of them all. Also may have a couple full bantam cochin eggs in there. The chocolates are with them, and some of their eggs are similar. I'll sell them all as mixes though.

I believe d'uccles are still 21-day'ers but usually hatch a little early, like silkies and seramas, etc.

Very tempted to put a few Mille Fleur D’uccle eggs in the bator... can’t find how long they take, was thinking perhaps 19 days because they are very small eggs. What is everyone else up to?

nope. ... normal chicken length of incubation. maybe a half day early...

Cool thanks guys
I set 6 today. The problem the rooster was having (shaking leg, crocked tail and lots of sitting) turns out to be a bad knee, a really bad knee, possibly broken some how and healed before I got him... anyway I’m not sure if these eggs are fertile, as I’m not sure if they have successfully mated. I know there have
219D3D6E-206B-45F0-97F5-9EDBDD45C60F.jpeg
been attempts. I’ll know in a couple days, I couldn’t bring myself to crack one open Lol
He’s leg knee will probably see me building a special little coop for him and bringing him in every winter -eyerool at myself-

Cool thanks guys
I set 6 today. The problem the rooster was having (shaking leg, crocked tail and lots of sitting) turns out to be a bad knee, a really bad knee, possibly broken some how and healed before I got him... anyway I’m not sure if these eggs are fertile, as I’m not sure if they have successfully mated. I know there haveView attachment 1250948 been attempts. I’ll know in a couple days, I couldn’t bring myself to crack one open Lol
He’s leg knee will probably see me building a special little coop for him and bringing him in every winter -eyerool at myself-
good luck! :fl

Well the D’uccle eggs were duds lol
So I hit a friend up for some EE eggs. Day 7 and 8 of 12 are going strong. One was a dud and three died. But really not bad for winter eggs that waited a few days to go in the incubator.
Hope you guys are all keeping well. We had a crazy snowfall about 21” in 24 hours.

Well the D’uccle eggs were duds lol
So I hit a friend up for some EE eggs. Day 7 and 8 of 12 are going strong. One was a dud and three died. But really not bad for winter eggs that waited a few days to go in the incubator.
Hope you guys are all keeping well. We had a crazy snowfall about 21” in 24 hours.

I'm just a couple days behind you. Set 27 last Saturday.

Dang, that's a lot of snow in a short amount of time! Stay warm girlie!

not all of the way yet.....

3 hour delay leaving Frankfurt, somehow managed to still make it through Seattle fast enough to make our plane ... but then our luggage didn't.

It was all a comedy of errors. Son got to strip down and get his pants and belt xrayed in Frankfurt... they almost didn't let me go to "the room" for that fun... but when I said he was 14... they said OK... guess he looked older.

Then in Seattle we forgot one bag on the far side of the TSA body scan fun.... So they had to call out who had forgot a bag... then they thought the stack of comic books inside was a bomb... had to open it, scan for bomb residue and look at the books... yeah... this was when we were running for the plane...

we got to the plane right when they had started boarding... but our tickets no longer worked since the airline had already rebooked us on a later flight. ... getting the tickets redone... so that we were BACK on the flight was SLOW work... and we were no longer sitting together... yeppers.

Oh... and I lost my credit card... so on the last flight where the food was credit card only the kids would have starved... but a kind person let me pay them cash....

oh... I also lost my drivers license, maybe at a different place and time than the credit card. . .. no identity theft or illegal purchases... .. yet..... maybe I just threw them away... you never know... :old

Right now I am in Anchorage. . spent the night here, in a hotel, catching a ride in a few hours to get back home.

Back
Top Bottom