DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

Deal alert!
Sally's find on fans was a great price, but there is special deal on 4 case fans for $10 starting today at 6 PM PDT (9 PM EDT) at newegg.com. I buy all my computer components from this company, and they have special deals all the time (sort of a clearance I guess).

They didn't specify the model in the email I got, but I suspect it's this one. The fans are slightly smaller, but are rated for higher air flow and also considerably quieter than the ones Sally found on ebay. Not to take away from Sally's find, but if you are collecting supplies for your own, you can save a few bucks and get fans that are quiet (maybe a big deal to some people like me).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052

To actually get the deal, you visit their main page during the right time window (replaced by the next deal at midnight PDT) and find the "shell shocker" deal. Click that and you can order. Free shipping on these deals too, of course.
not bad, two cm smaller shouldnt even be noticed either.

I dont have time to compair air flow or RPM's but I am fairly sure I explained that everyone should fiddle with the return airvent/duct hole size as well as that bottom shelf so they get the best flow and steady temps they can.

Thanks for sharing!

you can always paint them woth several coats of water based gloss house paint to seal them

I just looked. We even have a water based high gloss interior/ exterior paint here. Would that be ok?
If so, I guess it'd be worth a try at least, since its all free! I'll start with just 1 of them. If I don't like, I can always reuse the fans and thermostat I already purchased, and buy the Coleman. If I do like, I'll just need a second thermostat. I hate when he's right!!! LMBO

Sally:
"LOCAL EGGS! Awesome!!! DRIVER IN TRAINING!!! whoot whoot!! do you have air cell end up? for some reason I cant enlarge that photo! Its one of the basic things people make a mistake on at first. So I have to ask!"

Me:
Pointy side up. Right?
All mine are pointy side up.

Sally:
"LOCAL EGGS! Awesome!!! DRIVER IN TRAINING!!! whoot whoot!! do you have air cell end up? for some reason I cant enlarge that photo! Its one of the basic things people make a mistake on at first. So I have to ask!"

Me:
Pointy side up. Right?
All mine are pointy side up.
NOOOO air cell fat end up my friend

please see the article I wrote! make sure your thermos and hygros are calibrated and you understand humidity is NOT a set number its a tool for the best weight loss of the egg

Hatching 101
~

Guide to ASSISTED Hatching

Ooooh poop!

Ummmmmm

I'll have to turn em over when I get home.
I'm on day 2. So hopefully I am still ok.

------------------------

I called my daughter at home and she put on a rubber glove,
and turnedall the eggs over...
Pointy side down

Last edited:
Ooooh poop!

Ummmmmm

I'll have to turn em over when I get home.
I'm on day 2. So hopefully I am still ok.
I called my daughter at home and she put on a rubber glove,
and turnedall the eggs over...
Pointy side down
clap.gif

not bad, two cm smaller shouldnt even be noticed either.

I dont have time to compair air flow or RPM's but I am fairly sure I explained that everyone should fiddle with the return airvent/duct hole size as well as that bottom shelf so they get the best flow and steady temps they can.

Thanks for sharing!

I just bought a set: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233104
Specs are better:
45 CFM vs 32 CFM (moves more air)
20 dB vs 27 dB (quieter)
12 cm vs 14 cm (smaller, not sure if that's better or worse)

And, on sale, it's $5 less (or 33% less, LOL).
$9.99 vs $14.99

Sally,

Texas A&M University eggs were shipped (Texas A&M Leghorn line). During winter, by Greyhound. I ordered 6 dozen, placed 66 in the incubator, a few were broken and a couple weren't proper size/shape to try and incubate. Of the 66, 20 were infertile and another 14 didn't hatch. The remainder hatched and are still alive and well today. Purchasing eggs isn't something I do much as hatch rate is usually low, no idea how they were handled in transit, etc. But I try now and then.

Really thinking about trying to find some good Araucanas just to see what I can do with them but have to find some good ones first....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom