DIY Hova Bator Fan?

June2012

Songster
5 Years
May 23, 2015
Hi! I have a hova-bator that I bought without a fan so I could add a fan on my own. The Hova-Bator fan is just too expensive for me at 30 bucks, lol. Some questions of mine:

Does anyone have simple, step-by-step instructions and tips for installing a DIY fan into a hova bator?

What kinds of fan can I use? I was told that a computer fan would be too strong and that I needed to get a circulating fan. (I am using it for quail so that might explain why a computer fan would be too strong in the incubator?) The best thing I found was this one, but it seems too large for my needs. The others are priced at $30 or up. :hmm What do you all use?

When I did see designs online, they usually have a computer fan wired in. I don't know why that wouldn't be viable; I'll tag @Pyxis.

That's exactly what I did for my old LG incubators, before I upgraded. I wired a computer fan to an old cell phone charger and mounted it in. Worked like a charm.

That's exactly what I did for my old LG incubators, before I upgraded. I wired a computer fan to an old cell phone charger and mounted it in. Worked like a charm.

Would a computer fan be okay for quail eggs? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom