DIY liner for Little Giant bator?

happyhens

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
KY
The last Little Giant bator I had got really nasty after only one hatch. It was a nightmare to clean and was stained really bad. I have a new one now and was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make a cheap liner that I can just throw away after hatch. Or maybe one that is easier to clean after the hatch than the styrofoam is. Any ideas? Thanks.

I read online somewhere about someone who rubbed a thin layer bathroom caulk, clear 100% silicone, on the bottoms of the styrofoam LG incubators. I did this on mine and it works very well. It seals the pores and cleans up very well. Let it cure out for 7 days before using the incubator.

Hi! Try Saran / plastic wrap --- just make sure you poke appropriate holes in the wrap for air-flow. I have a LG bottom I HAVE to line because the troughs leak --- it's awkward and a pain, but clean-up is a little easier. It still gets a dunk in a tub of bleach-water after use.
smile.png

Lisa

Thanks to all. I covered the bottom with saran wrap last night, and I also intend to use a shelf liner over the hardware cloth because it seems like it would be more comfortable for the chicks. Woohoo I am almost ready to set the eggs in there!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'll have to get some of that and try it. For this hatch I went with saran wrap though, because I already had that here. Pretty horse avator. S/he's gorgeous!

Thanks
smile.png
!The horse is my Paint Breeding Stock mare Misty. I owned her mother, also a buckskin, for 14 years. Misty is now 12, she is a great gal, loving, kind and a dependable riding partner.

Be sure to use the 100% silicone and cure for the full 7 days. Wear plastic disposable gloves and apply in a well ventilated area, outside is best. That stuff smells strong.

Back
Top Bottom