DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Quote:
ohhhh, now I get it! Ducks are going to play in water, thats why the bedding is all wet....if you want (my opinion) to keep the chick alive and healthy...brood the duck in a different brooder. the water will kill the chick.

you can brood turkeys and chicks, but never turkeys or chicks with ducks......yes they are feathered fowl but a duck can handle a lot more "cool" and "water" than either of the other two. It's in their genes

Last edited:
ohhhh, now I get it! Ducks are going to play in water, thats why the bedding is all wet....if you want (my opinion) to keep the chick alive and healthy...brood the duck in a different brooder. the water will kill the chick.
thats what i was thinking but half of the brooder is dry and if i take the chick out the duck and chick freaks.. The duck is 1 week and a couple days old and the chick will be a week on wednsday

I ended up putting in a second bolt, so it wouldn't twist around.
I wondered about that ;-) Love the can piercings and Ah-hah moments like that when you find the right tool!

Might want to raise it up so they don't poop and fling bedding into it.

Good and bad news on the special chickies, but I'll let you read about that in their thread if you'd like to (thanks, Ben!), so they don't take over the DIY thread, too, hehe. Thanks everyone! I may make a post sometime about the basic construction of the Chickmobiles incase anyone may find it useful sometime.
smile.png
I would like to see the construction because I can't quite figure it out from the pics alone. Sometimes I have to put a weak chick in a cup to get them to stand more.... the ones that tend to lay down a lot or have the curled toes. This seems like a much nicer option than a cup!

Back
Top Bottom