Dizzy Chick.. stressed?

Give her the yogurt mash and the molasses/vinegar in the water anyway. It saved my chick and if she is already eating and drinking, that's even better.

Stephanie

Give her the yogurt mash and the molasses/vinegar in the water anyway. It saved my chick and if she is already eating and drinking, that's even better.

Stephanie

I agree with her and keep an extra close eye on her, who knows maybe she had jet lag
wink.png
(trying to get you to smile)

Well our lil Twitch (the kids named her) is up and running around pecking at others, letting them know she's the boss haha! She's eating, drinking and I even saw her go poopy! She really scared me laying down like she was, but I guess she was just jet lagged hehe!

wee.gif

Here she is, being awesome and happy!

They crew!

They only ate a little of the GroGel then just stood around on it and slept hehe

We picked up our 6 little ones yesterday as well, and had one with the same problem. We were pretty concerned, so we called the hatchery (Meyer). The customer service person was super nice. She stressed the importance of getting the chick warm and hydrated. My husband and i were skeptical but she seemed confident the chick would pull through. I'm happy to say that she was right, and within hours you could barely tell the chick had had any issue! We also had one who arrived just slightly lethargic, but clearing up her pasty butt solved that issue.

It's amazing how resilient they are, really. I am also impressed with the service from meyer's, and have read similar things about other hatcheries.

Keep us posted...I hope she pulls through, never know when so small. Good luck.

She is healthy and great now
smile.png
I am pretty surprised she recovered. I just knew she wasn't going to make it. But I guess she's my little fighter
smile.png

Chickens are amazing creatures! I just love all 45 of my fluffy butted dinos! So have you chose a name for her? She needs something strong since she is a little fighter!

They really are amazing. I can not believe how much they change from one hour to the next. My daughter named her... Twitch because she twitches her head quite a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom