Dizzy Chicken

Juliezmom

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 4, 2010
Anyone ever have a chicken that acts drunk? Staggering, walking in Circles. But eating and drinking:( Her facial feathers turned white over night!
She is putting one foot slowly in front of the other as she walks!! Please Help

I don't know but that sounds like an emergency. You can try the Chicken Doctor at www.firststatevetsupply.com; he will give advice over the phone or via email. He is not a vet, but a poultry expert. Hard to get hold of on weekends, though. I would recommend you take her to a vet who knows poultry, if you want to keep her. Sounds like maybe some kind of poison ? to me.

I had a roo acting the same way a couple weeks ago. I was very concerned. He acted drunk, staggering, and if I would gently push him he would practically fall over. He was also very sleepy and had a lot of white crusty on his wattle. I was almost ready to put him down when he started to come around. The drunk sleepy roo got better in about a week. He's now crowing and hangin' with his hens again like nothing was wrong!

Thank you so much for the info. Yes I used that Vet last year, he was very nice and very helpful!! He saved my Rooster:D
I am so glad to hear your Rooster is better! I feel so much better now!! I pray she is better next week!!

Back
Top Bottom