Do capons crow?

My suggestion is to send a message to this guy....he actually performs the operation so he'd be most able to tell you. The post is one he put up on here to teach others how to do the procedure. Don't read the post if you're squeamish....just click on his name to contact him
lol.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/210041/how-to-caponize-a-rooster-warning-graphic-pics

I sure want to know about this myself. We are planning to start our small chicken hobby 8-10 hens- next spring and don't want any roosters either. My husband is a veterinarian so it would be like any operation on a pet w/ anesthesia, sterile technique, sutures etc....still a risky procedure due to the placement of the testes in the animal....nestled right by two major blood vessels up behind the ribs.

Makes me sick anyone does this without anesthesia! ugh!

Truthfully has anyone known an adult capon....from what I have read they are caponized for larger weight gain then processed at about 20 wks. We need to find someone with an adult rooster in this situation.

Please let us know what you find out. It will certainly help us!
Thanks so much for starting this thread too!
Steph

I agree, my kids each have pet Roos they love. I have a lot of kids.... That's a lot of extra Roos. We do have several rare breed Roos who we keep for breeding, but most of their favorites are mutts

It looks like we have a rooster too which we would keep except they're not allowed in the city so we have to do something with it. It's actually our favorite chicken so I hate to get rid of it if there is another option. Was there ever a concensus reached on this thread??

Back
Top Bottom