Do Chickens Get Bored?

they are orphaned lambs and the chicken wont approve but they wont get bored either, Actually they dont stress out too much, the lambs are just starting to get mobile, they are 5 days old so they jump for joy on my grass.

Actually Bantymum, they are jumping to avoid all those crickets you let loose!!!
lau.gif

I don't know about the crickets where you live, but here in Mississippi they're about as large as chicken wings!
ep.gif

They get into my house like a plague for a couple of weeks each year. The first time I saw one in the house, I thought it was a GIANT spider. Scared me something awful. I've lived here long enough that I've grown used to them, and since I married DH, he collects them for fishing! (My Hero.)

Oh yes, ill take some pics in the morning, its 12.56am Sat here. I got them some puppy jumpers today and they look soooo cute. They like their doggy wicker basket lined with a real wool fluffy blanket, they turn in a circle then flop down for a sleep just like a dog does.
Its funny watching them with the chooks and bunnies and cat, they all suss out each other to see who's dangerous, then they all figure out that they are friends.

Now even if the chickens can watch any other animal running around they wont get bored, and dont believe PC when he tells you that they dont have emotions, he has brainwashed his, that is why they have turned purple, Irateness can show through the feathers, just like we blush!

Airmom...I GOT IT!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I got the rooster shepards hook from Tractor Supply! I was the last one too! It's raining here in VA so I'll have to wait until probably tomorrow to put it up. I'll try to get my DH to take pics and try to post them for you.

pop.gif
I can't wait to see the pics, Chickaroo! You have rain and we have SNOW!!!
wee.gif
You got the shepherd's hook(s) and I drove to Canton, MS this afternoon and picked up TWO exhibition Buff Orpington hens! One, Ruth, is 8 months old and HUGE! The other, Naomi, is 13 months old and BROODY! Now if Naomi can hatch those tiny Penny bantam eggs without cracking them, I should have some silkie Serama bantam chicks within a month! You should have seen the exhibition BO rooster. I had never seen such a humongus rooster before in my whole life of over half a decade! In about five more weeks, jmhappycowboy will have my Welsummer rooster started to 8 weeks old. He also set aside a matching pullet for me. The rooster will be called......Boaz! Any suggestions for the matching pullet??? I wasn't expecting a Welsummer pullet, but what's one more beak to feed and love and spoil....etc.
love.gif

Last edited:
I think when chickens get boared they might play baored games or play free tag or hide and seek, but some hens go hide and go broody :mad: lol

Back
Top Bottom