Do Chickens Get Bored?

Since I just introduced 2 HUGE chickens to my flock, I'm pretty sure no one is bored at the moment! LOL! I need to find a hanging waterer, because they keep knocking the one I have off the bricks. I had to shovel wet litter out of the coop (nearly a whole gallon) twice today! Too bad chickens don't drink water like hamsters. A very large version of a hamster watering device would be less messy. Seems like they would spill water from a suspended one by bumping and swinging it. It probably doesn't help that my coop isn't level. Can you just imagine calling a major foundation company to level a chicken coop!
lau.gif
Lately the chickens have been turning the feeders over, too! I'm brainstorming for a way to bolt things down.

Airmom, I know how you can keep your chickens from getting bored.....Make them TV stars!! That's right, just send pics of them with your quote "Even Chickens Love Cheerios"
smile.png
to the General Mills company and they could be the next spokeschickens!!
lau.gif

Quote:
I had thought of this a few times, but when I read of issues of impacted crops, it makes me hesitate. Have you had any crop issues with them picking through your rakings?

Chickaroo! :

Airmom, I know how you can keep your chickens from getting bored.....Make them TV stars!! That's right, just send pics of them with your quote "Even Chickens Love Cheerios"
smile.png
to the General Mills company and they could be the next spokeschickens!!
lau.gif

LOL! My DH said the same thing. I did send them the YouTube video of Brandy eating Honey Nut Cheerios, and they sent a reply saying it made their day and had been passed around. Also, there is SO much involved in launching new advertising campaigns that I doubt they'll drop the honey bee for a chicken! I was thinking that with all the attention on "low cholesterol", and eggs getting a bad rap for being high in cholesterol, that a chicken eating low cholesterol Cheerios would make a cute angle.
big_smile.png
I might have better luck with an egg company.......?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom