Do Chickens Get Married?

My birds don't show any of this behavior . What breeds of roosters will help with chick rearing ? Would you recommend I get some of these traits mixed in with my flock?
First, describe to me the social groupings you have the chickens in.

Do you have games? If yes and social grouping is not an issue, then get another strain of games. I am not firm on this yet, but suspect games that retain some capacity for eclipse molt in males are the ones that are capable of going broody.

What kids are doing will be contrasted with multiple hen harem setups where rooster invests much less because he is more concerned with just creating more chicks. This is to help my kids learn that parents adjust parental effort as a function of situation.

Might tiny meal at 5 weeks.
You have not eaten a healthy sized meal in a while. Portion size too large. The games grow faster with less investment up to that time. The Cornish X broilers most people eat taste like fat to me. Free-range game much better.

Fryer size versus broiler size.

I didn't mean yours specifically I meant as a whole because alot of people reading this thread probably dont have experience in games and we wouldn't want them to assume all are like yours. They already have a bad rap wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire lol

I currently have two clutches of eggs my hens haven't started brooding yet but unfortunately something found one of the clutches and ate all of the eggs . I will be putting a wire cages around the eggs and locking them up at night. My original plan was to install the cages after the hens started sitting.

I didn't mean yours specifically I meant as a whole because alot of people reading this thread probably dont have experience in games and we wouldn't want them to assume all are like yours. They already have a bad rap wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire lol
I am going out of my way to explain strains differ. I also try to explain impacts of how the birds are kept. It is hard to turn corner around from fighting qualities, pretty colors, and legal or not.

Some game strains are more inclined to be aggressive, which is not the same as being aggressive. People, and I mean a lot of the, can keep games and non-games in a manner that makes them more aggressive. PHS (poor handling syndrome). PMS (poor management syndrome is not politically correct enough).

I currently have two clutches of eggs my hens haven't started brooding yet but unfortunately something found one of the clutches and ate all of the eggs . I will be putting a wire cages around the eggs and locking them up at night. My original plan was to install the cages after the hens started sitting.
One hen only needed. If second hen, then rooster can flip switch from investing in chicks of one brood into creating more chicks by investing more in mating side.

Notice how most people say you need to have more hens per rooster. That is why they do not see the rooster investing at much when chicks are hatched.

One hen only needed. If second hen, then rooster can flip switch from investing in chicks of one brood into creating more chicks by investing more in mating side.

Notice how most people say you need to have more hens per rooster. That is why they do not see the rooster investing at much when chicks are hatched.
Why do people have so many problems with roosters and say you need 10 hens per rooster when we pair up broodfowl constantly and have no problems?
Not to go off topic

You have not eaten a healthy sized meal in a while. Portion size too large.
You have no idea how I eat. :smack :gig

I probably should have said "mighty tiny carcass" from a 5 week old bird.
Would love to see them when you get around to it,
both freshly slaughtered and cooked.

Back
Top Bottom