Do Cuckoo Maran rooster have a loud crow??

guillr2

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 31, 2012
Two months ago i bought a 2 month old cuckoo maran. at the time, i was new to the chicken world and didn't have a reason to question the sex of of my chicken. But after, 2 months I have seen him grow and started to notice a few differences. after a lot of online search, i came to the realization that my poullet was indeed a cockerel. Now my concern is what to do with him.
I want to keep him, but i am concerned that if he begins to crow very loudly in the morning it might cause some complications with my neighbors.
So my question is:
Does anyone have experience with cuckoo maran roosters?? If so, can you tell me if this breed is know for having a loud crow.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

Robert

The only CM rooster I know personally has a deep, resonant crow. Sounds quiet to me, but then I have screechy, loud bantam cockerels that make this guy sound quiet by comparison. But in a neighborhood without a rooster, the neighbors will hear him loud and clear.

I raise marans and when they start crow is ok, but later they loud i bet can win the crowing congress.
If you can just keep him inside to 9 am ,also can set automatic door opener if you not home.

Back
Top Bottom