Do ducks get cold at night?

They will be just fine. My ducks are lucky if it ever gets that warm in the day and I will find them sleeping outside when it's 15* F. They also have a window with wire over it that stays open year round. Ducks are quite tolerant of cold and definitely seem to do better at low temps than chickens.

View attachment 1402017 View attachment 1402014 This evening we put our 5 ducks in their outdoor house. They have deep straw bedding and a shelf to sit on or a sheltered area underneath to sleep in. The house has cut out windows which have been securely meshed. It’s going to be 12 degrees Celsius (54 Fahrenheit) tonight and I’m worried that it’s too cold/breezy for them because of the open windows? I hope I’m just being too sensetive, I just don’t want them to be cold.

What kjnd of straw is that?

Agreed their house is amazing, i have stray ducks that live on property we put up a straw bail fort a 4 sided sun/wind block for anyone who needs it but even in 0 degrees those duck just go about there business or sleep in out in the open 50 degrees is great weather for farm animals open windows i dont think you should worry about

Back
Top Bottom