1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do EE's lay large eggs ?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by crazyhen, Sep 25, 2008.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I hear a lot on here about EE's . Do they lay large as well as colorful eggs and how often? I may want some next summer. Jean

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    my two lay medium to large eggs, I think. I don't really know what a large grocery store egg looks like anymore. My EEs (hens about 1 1/2 years old) lay much bigger eggs than my silkies, and bigger than my BO pullets are laying; but not as big as my RIR the same age as they are. Hope this helps.

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've got six EEs; four lay a large to XL, the other two lay consistent Jumbos. But, only 2 of the 6 lays green eggs.

4. christmaschicken

christmaschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Christmas, Florida
    [​IMG]

The Egg on the left is from my Leghorn white/Large

The Egg on the right are from my EE they are Small all of her eggs are small..

[​IMG]

My EE above.... Goldie

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have 2 EE pullets and one just layed her first egg on Tuesday and it was a large size.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    My EEs laid big eggs. Typically as big as or bigger than my buff orps.

Jody

7. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Mine was laying humongous eggs... (however, she is taking an extended leave of egg laying, it seems. Argh)

8. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 2 EE;s, one lays a rather small blue/green egg. The other one lays a large olive green egg. They usually lay everyday, but sometimes they take a day off. Right now they are going through their first molt. So no eggs from them at the moment. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by