Do fear of bedbugs stop you from buying used iteams.

I am an avid Thrift store buyer. I haven't had any problems yet but would never consider buying a used mattress *yuck*
being from Florida the worst I see is spider mites and have you ever seen Palmetto bugs..good grief! they are HUGE!! but easy to get rid of...
my typos keep me an avid editer

Last edited:
I have a friend in Utah who has been dealing with bedbugs for a fewmonths now. Finally had to bring in a professional to help get rid of them. $ 1300.00 later and many many hours of work cleaning every single item in the house they are finally bug free. They think one of the kids brought them home from a church camp type of outing or from a sleep over. Awful little creatures!

Sorry, but I would prefer to sleep on an expensive mattress with bed bugs than someone else's used mattress.....that's just gross! Hello....think of what people do in their beds!

I suspect that if you had an infected mattress, leaving it out in freezing temperature for a week or two would kill off any bugs.

We encountered bed bugs at an expensive hotel in Vancouver. Management said "no way," but I wet a bar of soap and captured some. Then they admitted that they had a problem because they had so many people traveling in from the orient. They sprayed the room for us.

None came home with us.

Rufus

Well I've slept in a few hotels and I do sniff the blankets LOL! If it smelled old or not fresh, or look clean, I would call housekeeping to change the sheets in front of me.

Same for the carpets...not going there!

I am a very frequent thrift store shopper. I have been in the Salvation Army several times where someone came in and sprayed the store, and then left. I never thought about it until then. I believe that they have to spray as a preventative measure. I also wash in very hot water right when I get home and have never had a problem yet.

Back
Top Bottom