Do I have the right to be jealous?

I'm glad there is some understanding between you and your hubby. You are smart to get your financial affairs in order before a baby comes. I wish these women would stop loading up the welfare system, especially during this financial crisis we are facing. I hope your SIL makes the father assume responsibility for this baby. The child deserves a loving home.

She is out of HS and in her 20's. She decided to go back to school for her RN, She was a CNA but only held that job for 5 months. We are going to ask her to move in with her parents. Since we have been married, me and Kevin have never had us time, at all. So, this will be a wonderful break.

Quote:
Good for you!

She needs to be with her parents. She sounds immature and hormones aren't going to make that any more attractive than it already is. Plus the smoking thing will cause major friction between you both. She's not going to quit, I'm sure.

I don't think I have ever cried so much, SIL and MIL tried to make me stomach though looking up baby development pictures online, it breaks my heart. Me and DH have worked out all her stuff, but I am still upset. They were even watching baby births online as loud as they could, I don't think they mean anything by it, but it's like they are trying to hurt me.

Also, I tried explaining to my SIL and MIL why I was so upset, the facts that I don't think we can have a child and that SIL doesn't even really want this baby etc etc, and well of course I got nothing but grief about all that. I really have been trying to hold my feelings in and they don't care how I feel. Oh and it is great when MIL tells everyone that she is going to be a 1st time grandmother and everyone assumes its us expecting and then in front of us corrects them. It's like a kick in the face.

I feel like all I am doing is ranting like a cry baby, but it really hurts my feelings that they are all about rubbing it in my face. Like waving something in front of me that I want more then anything but it is always just out of our reach.

Last edited:
We were married 22 years before we were blessed with a daughter.
Somewhere along the line, we stopped talking about it. Accepted the
fact that it just wasn't meant to be.

Been a wonderful life these past eleven years. (She will turn 12, October
18)

Sometimes things just take a while.

Don't forget to love life while you're waiting.

I read that back to myself, and it seemed to imply that my married
life without a daughter was something less than wonderful.

That would be wrong.

When there were just the two of us, it was a different kind of wonderful.
Then came our daughter.

I guess "wonder" would be a better word.

I'm been amazed by that little girl so many times.

Back
Top Bottom