Do i need a permit?? Pennsylvania

RaisingDucks2020

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
My mallard has been laying eggs and now has quiet the nest of eggs! At least 12 from what I can see! I do plan on keeping some if she is able to hatch them on her own (which she's doing a great job tending to her eggs) but my question is can you sell mallard ducklings in Pennsylvania? I've done some reading and almost everything I read says you don't need a permit for Mallards.. even the application says you dont! But the game commission is telling me otherwise.. ill attach a piece of the application for a permit below and you can tell me what you think. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I did tell him I'm raising pekins as well.. but the ducklings that'll ill be selling later next month will be mallards.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200924-165339_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200924-165339_Drive.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 34
My mallard has been laying eggs and now has quiet the nest of eggs! At least 12 from what I can see! I do plan on keeping some if she is able to hatch them on her own (which she's doing a great job tending to her eggs) but my question is can you sell mallard ducklings in Pennsylvania? I've done some reading and almost everything I read says you don't need a permit for Mallards.. even the application says you dont! But the game commission is telling me otherwise.. ill attach a piece of the application for a permit below and you can tell me what you think. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I did tell him I'm raising pekins as well.. but the ducklings that'll ill be selling later next month will be mallards.
Thanks.
The exception is if you possess properly marked mallard ducks. You have to abide by 50 CFR 21.13 in relation to the marking. I am guessing that they have to be permanently banded. Of course this all goes hand in hand with the fact that the mallards that you own must already be marked and obtained legally.

Call your local game warden for advice.

The exception is if you possess properly marked mallard ducks. You have to abide by 50 CFR 21.13 in relation to the marking. I am guessing that they have to be permanently banded. Of course this all goes hand in hand with the fact that the mallards that you own must already be marked and obtained legally.

Call your local game warden for advice.
We got our mallards from tractor supply. And was never told to mark/band them. I will have to call tomorrow for some more information.

TSC is not a reliable source for doing things right.

Are you sure they are mallards and not rouens?
I'm pretty sure they are mallards, my husband's cousin works there and she's the one that handed them to us and said they are mallards.. i thought maybe they were Rouens since they do look quiet a bit alike.

Back
Top Bottom