Do motion sensor lights help deter predators?

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
5D64D1FF-507A-4523-80AF-FC723338FA51.jpeg
This is my coop and run. A master carpenter built it for me and it’s very well constructed. However I want to be sure that I’m doing everything I can to deter predators. So my question is, would it be helpful to install solar motion activated lights on the coop and run so that any predators who approach at night are lit up and (hopefully) deterred? Are lights a good repellant? Thanks for any input.

View attachment 1610204 This is my coop and run. A master carpenter built it for me and it’s very well constructed. However I want to be sure that I’m doing everything I can to deter predators. So my question is, would it be helpful to install solar motion activated lights on the coop and run so that any predators who approach at night are lit up and (hopefully) deterred? Are lights a good repellant? Thanks for any input.
I have some motion lights and some game cameras. From my observation, the predators will eventually get used to them. I would see my light go off and sure enough there would be a predator on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom