Do my ducks have Duck Plague or DVE (duck viral enteritis)?

alli98

Hatching
Dec 6, 2023
I have a flock of 18 ducks, now down to 12 in just one day... We had 6 ducks suddenly die with no symptoms. (We just got those 6 ducks that died about a month ago) So thinking they must have been carrying some sort of disease... and now im afraid our whole flock has it including our 10 chickens as well.. All seem well. But if they are just going to keep dying we may have to cull them... Before we do that im just looking to see if anyone has any information that could help with something like this first.

ohno i am so sorry this is happening! :hit where did you get the 6 new ducks from and how old were they? have you talked to the people you got them from yet?
@Wyorp Rock
Just a local women who had raised all of these ducks, she had to move into town so couldn't keep them and asked if we would take them. The first 13 we got from her have been fine, have had them for about 6 months, and the last 6 we got from her as well about a month ago. They were all full grown when we got them. Some older then others so have no idea on age... Just from talking to her the few times i have i doubt she would have any idea what is wrong with them or what they've had... But i will have my husband speak with her again.

Back
Top Bottom