Do Owls attack Pheasants?

yes a hawk does have the ability to carry off many prey items but my point is, THEY DON'T. They never carry their prey off. This is one thing that bugs me. Owls, eagle and kites take their prey away. Hawks and falcons do not. The reason for thiss is because they first pluck or rip into the body of the prey then eat the fleshiest parts, usually leaving the rest. On the other hand owls usually eat whatevr and regurtitate other bits later so they have no need to pluck etc. first. Eagles are powerful enough to carry their prey away without having a significant change in speed, or predators in the air. Kites take small prey items when they hunt(rarely-they are mainly scavengers) and eat them mid flight by holding with their feet and bringing prey item to beak!

What about these guys?

Those are figments of maxs lucid imagination. I did see a classic AFV were a kid had his pet mouse on top of the cage OUTSIDE. and lightening fast. a.barn owl swooped down and the mouse disappeared. It was an interesting lesson

Dosent suprise me. they are quick, and accurate. Not to mention it is almost impossible for its prey items to detect until its too late.

Back
Top Bottom