Do peafowl kill snakes?

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!
love.gif
You can certainly tell they do well for themselves, their feathering and coloring is perfect.

Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing!
love.gif
You can certainly tell they do well for themselves, their feathering and coloring is perfect.
They thrive here, they're almost everywhere! People do not even give them a passing glance, which is a pity!! :)

Dany, I really wish there were color variants over here in India. All the Peacocks basically look the same!! :( But Zoos have the white (albino?) peacocks!! Actually, I was quite surprised to see some of the color variants that are available at Feathersite!! I was showing them to some of my friends, they were surprised too. I especially like the Pied? variety!! and the light cameo variety! I guess in the wild the color variants do not stand a chance!! Well there are King Cobras, Rock Pythons, Asiatic lions, Tigers, Leopards, Mongoose, Civet, Dhole, Eagles!! XD

Thanks everyone, I'm finding the snake info interesting. We have some HUGE rat snakes around the property so we'll see what our new guy can do. The previous owners said he would chase garter snakes, so hopefully he can do some good around here too. Though we do have mice in the barn, but we also have cats for that.

Wow @Dany12, that's a cool looking bird, it should be a rare case!! Peacocks are everywhere over here, but I haven't seen a single color variant. These birds are avid snake hunters in the wild though!

LOL, Nathhowe, that's an interesting site. But my favorite Indian bird would be the Red Jungle fowl and the Grey Jungle fowl. They look awesome, they are so iridescent in the wild!! I have some pics of them, It's in my PhD guide's camera. Gotta get them!! ^^ BTW, I am sure Goa and Taj Mahal aren't the only thing that India has to offer. Those are just man made!! For me a Gulmohar tree is more beautiful!! In America I'm interested in seeing the Holland Tunnel and Cape May Point! I think they are wonderful!! Also the El bandito (Raccoon) and Stinky Skunk!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom