Do people in southern states like pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father owns a pizza restaurant here in Connecticut (Greek style pizza). Less then 10 years my dad will retire and I would like to start my pizza restaurant with the great Connecticut Greek style pizza in the south.. I hear the south has garbage pizza, so I was thinking about opening in North or South Carolina or Tennessee.

Would this be a good idea? Or do people from the south perfer garbage franchise pizza?

"Bless his heart" is what my mamma would have said.
lol.png

Folks will overlook a lot and might be more receptive to a new biz that has a banner hanging up somewhere that says, "I ain't from the South but I got here as fast as I could."
bow.gif

I'd like to see "a mess" of pizza as a menu item.
big_smile.png

Well, I cannot speak for all southerners cuz I'm a California girl who was temporarily transplanted to Louisiana for 3 years, and here's my observation:

Folks in the south "like what they like". Hearty, stick-to-your-ribs comfort foods. But the folks down south do love their pizzas! I discovered when I lived in a suburb of Baton Rouge that while folks do like their bargain buffet pizzas (Cici's Pizza.... which we call Feces Pizza cuz that's what it smells like in every one of their restaurants), southern folks do have an appreciation for tasty and unique food. There are a LOT of Greek and Lebanese restaurants in the Baton Rouge area, and they are very popular and the food is fantastic! Also, if you are in a college town such as Baton Rouge (LSU and Southern University are both there), you will increase your business.

Also, Louisiana is green and beautiful 9 months of the year! That was my #1 favorite thing about living there... soooo amazingly beautiful.

If you decide to open a pizza business in a southern state, I would say go for it! After all, southern folks TOTALLY love their food and know how to eat! I think your business would do well there.

ETA: And you won't find friendlier folks anywhere! People still smile and say hello when they pass you on the street.

Last edited:
I do, but than I was raised in Illinois. One of the best, here in Austin isn't around anymore. Great Pizza! Lots of toppings and the people were always really friendly and cheerful. Than the police raided the place, and it turns out the place was a front for a cocaine ring. True story! Might explain why they were always so cheerful?
th.gif

I've lived in the south for 27 years and bought a frozen Polermo's greek pizza and it's my favorite now.
Chicken, black olives, feta, red pepper...

I'm allergic to beef and pork so no pepperoni for me.
rant.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom