Do people in southern states like pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that you may never be Paczki-less again!!!!! Link to the recipe http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/desserts/r/Paczki.htm Enjoy!
wink.png

I was raised in a Slovak Lutheran environment so Kolacky, Nut rolls and Boiled fruit dumplings are my go to comfort food!!

Woo hoo- thanks!
So- has anybody been to that place in the French Quarter that only serves donuts?
I think New Orleans shouldn't really count as being part of the south. Its like its own little universe.

I love Polish people! They love Greek pizza and hate Italian pizza. Polish people gives my dads place business.

Mods please make this topic sticky... Of course, I make the best topics on these forums.

Last edited:
It depends, When you come south, do tell us how you always do it, "up there."?

Nope, I go right for the shoofly pie, pecan brittle, fried catfish and grits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
droolin.gif

My gentleman friend lived in Georgia before he came up this way, and I used to visit him there. We hiked along the Chatahoochie, and he showed me some of the most beautiful parts of the state. I would not mind living there at all. Well, except for those HOT HUMID summers, but otherwise, it's a generous chunk of God's Country for sure. I guess that here in Massachusetts our cold winters counterbalance the South's heat so we're even. I do love New England though, and when my Southern friends come up this way I try to show them our piece of God's Country too.

Last edited:
See to me, New Orleans is a distilled version of the South, or at least my experience of the south. Miami is an example of "not part of the south" But then again I grew up in Biloxi, about 2 hours from Nola taking your time, so we spent many weekends there. It's a horrible, dirty, dangerous, smelly city... And its absolutely wonderful. Of course that's mostly just certain parts... But those are the best parts to visit.
The strip between Nola and Mobile is quite different than north parts of MS and AL or TN. There are common threads that tie the South together, but every area, even in the same state, has its own flavor. The central gulf coast has a lot more seafood than inland (where venison and freshwater fish are more common) and a strong French influence. But there is still a lot of fried foods, sweet tea, cornbread and grits. That's why I would recommend carefully researching areas before opening a restaurant. The same Greek pizza could be wildly popular in one town, but a complete failure elsewhere.

I love Polish people! They love Greek pizza and hate Italian pizza. Polish people gives my dads place business.

Mods please make this topic sticky... Of course, I make the best topics on these forums.

The best pizza, the best topics. Your restaurant ought to be slammin' with customers....More business than you can handle. No need to move.

yuckyuck.gif

I predict ready acceptance for your pizzas in the South.
lau.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom