Do polish bantams do well in the winter?

I wouldn't seperate them as it may cause stress, and the direct loss of heat from the other chickens.

Poland is Cold.

Sorce

I totally forgot to post an update! I did in fact decide to cover the run with plastic. They all did well during the winter, they never even seemed cold during the day since they were out of the wind and elements! I put a tarp at the door so that I could easily take it down on the mild days, or keep it up when it was super cold. It wasn't the prettiest but I definitely think it helped!

Attachments

• Gracie!.png
    Gracie!.png
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Chicken Run.png
    Chicken Run.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I totally forgot to post an update! I did in fact decide to cover the run with plastic. They all did well during the winter, they never even seemed cold during the day since they were out of the wind and elements! I put a tarp at the door so that I could easily take it down on the mild days, or keep it up when it was super cold. It wasn't the prettiest but I definitely think it helped!

That’s great! Many people guage their flocks comfort by their own doing much more than really needed. Plastic goes along way to aiding your flock in surviving winter. All I do is wrap my coops in plastic and allow them to do they rest. They come factory installed with heavy down winter coats, the same coats that we put on when the mercury drops below a certian point.

Just make sure that their water does not freeze and keep their digs dry. These simple steps will go a long way for your girls.
3F25409F-2017-47E3-BD04-C1EEA6BAFB26.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom