Do pullets chest bump?

Oh, I hope that is true.....They do good during the day, and the BO lets me pick her up. I got spooked last night that I had to call my husband for help! The BO is going to be a big bird!
Yeah, we have lavender Orpingtons. One of them would take our heads clean off our shoulders if she flew at us like that, lol. Thankfully, she's just too big to get any lift. Knee-height is as high as she can fly-jump.

Here are some additional pictures of the flock

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_091607.jpg
    IMG_20200713_091607.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200713_091617.jpg
    IMG_20200713_091617.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 30
Okay, I am keeping an eye out. We shall see. At what age do roosters start crowing?

Update: Everyone has learned to go to their coop at night, including the BO. They all follow the Welsummer. I started leaving a flashlight at dusk in the coop, and Cinnamon, my Welsummer who is 9 weeks old, went in there and started roosting.

For the past couple of days, they all have been following her in during dusk. I have been saying "coop time" and leave the flashlight in the coop until they are all settled on the roost. I try not to rattle them too much.....so thats working!

Update: Chicks between 10-12 weeks old.

Everyone is trained to go in their coop at night. No one tries to fly at me. They have settled in and go in their coop and run at dusk like clockwork. No flashlight needed!

Cinnamon, my Welsummer is the top hen. She rallies everyone in the coop.

Ginger, the BO is definitely a she! Yay! She has become the sweetest chick ever. 🥰
She is docile, easy to pick up and comes running to me when I call her name!

I have been letting them loose in our garden and they seem to really enjoy themselves eating bugs, leaves and such. They are really good hunters.
I have been feeding them a few oats as a treat and they all come rally around me in the garden.

It has been fun to see them grow........Infact both Cinnamon and Ginger has started their clucking as they move around the garden. Tinnie is still peeping........

Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom