Do quail pair up?

They're in a cage. 1 male, and 4 females in it. It's a large cage. 8 or so sf
That’s perfect on ratio and size....just keep eye on the favorite that she’s not being overbred and you may want to do some fertility checks to see if he is in fact only breeding the 1.....

It's normal for me. I keep some of mine in pairs because they seem happy that way. Maybe I just have weird quails though.

You are not the only one! :( My rooster has enough choices, but he prefer to mate only with his Berta. I had to separate them a while ago. He really liked the new girls, but had no idea what to do with them. He started jumping on Berta every time a new hen walked passed him until she had a small hole in her head. He calmed down a lot now that they are alone.

You are not the only one! :( My rooster has enough choices, but he prefer to mate only with his Berta. I had to separate them a while ago. He really liked the new girls, but had no idea what to do with them. He started jumping on Berta every time a new hen walked passed him until she had a small hole in her head. He calmed down a lot now that they are alone.

I guess some quails prefer being in pairs :)

Back
Top Bottom