do the chickens ever get boring or annoying after a while

Mine haven't! I'm still a newbie compared to most on here. I have had them for two years now. I love them. They're funny, fun, and make good eggs
wink.png

No one call tell you if your chickens will get boring or old or annoying. That will be something between you and them. You may decide it's not for you and have to find them homes. If you have serious doubts about it already I'd suggest not doing it. Find someone local and visit theirs, see what what you think about them. If they don't hold your interest trying to watch them, it's not for you.

alright thanks. i want to get them but my dad says they will be had to take care of and im not responsible enough. is it true that they are hard to care after or in other word is the maintanance hard

I've been around chickens my whole life and had my own laying flock since I got married almost 35 years ago. I can't say they've ever been boring or annoying yet.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wouldn't say they're hard to take care of, but they do require daily care and feeding. You can't just check on them once in awhile and expect them to be ok.

* Kinda tough to sleep in sometimes when the "kids" are hollaring for breakfast and "out, Out!, OUT!!!". Vacations can be difficult. And, naturally, illness or injury (yours OR theirs) can be very trying. BUT, I think they're worth it.

I've had 'em all my life, I think there great! They can get a little bit annoyin every once and a while... I have one hen in mind named Ruth that follows me EVERYWHERE, somehow ended up in my kitchen sink, rides my horse with me, tries to jump in my truck when I open the door, jumps up in my lap, etc, but I like her a lot, it only gets slightly annoyin sometimes when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and she's right under foot, but I usually just end up pickin her up and takin her with me then! Crazy chickens!
yippiechickie.gif

They aint hard to take care of. Just make sure they got the right kinda feed for there age and fresh water, check 'em for mites and other ailments every once and a while, give 'em a good coop and keep it clean and they should be ok!

Last edited:
well im only thinkin of getting like 2 and my friend said that you just leave the feeder out there and fill it up like once a week and the water just every 5 days

Quote:
The water should be changed before 5 days... I dont let the water for any of my stock set for more than 2 days-3 days tops without dumpin it and givin 'em fresh.

Back
Top Bottom