do the chickens ever get boring or annoying after a while

YOU MUST TAKE TIME WITH YOUR CHICKENS EVERY DAY !!!! you should not get chickens if you are not responsible and I am not an adult yapping at you again I am 16 trust me do not get them if you are not willing to care for them every day.

Henry

Well, first of all, read about the different breeds, learn as much as ya can about 'em first, go visit folks who have 'em, make sure ya like 'em before ya do anything. If ya decide ya like 'em, get the coop ready, fence off the run, get all the supplies ya need, then get the chickens. Get full grown hens, there easier to take care of then chicks, and if ya get chicks, you could very well end up with 2 roosters, which aint the best idea.

Last edited:
Baby chicks require daily feed, water and socialization. As they grow older you will begin to notice that each one of them has their own personality. They are not boring as long as you enjoy taking care of them.

My kids do quite a bit of the maintenaince on the chickens, however, if you are looking at getting them, and your parents are not willing to be at least be minimally involved, I would not do it.

Chickens are not like cats, where you can just sort of ignore them, & when they want something, they let YOU know... instead, you need to be watching for possible issues on a daily basis.

It may only take 15 minutes, but it's a very important, and very DAILY 15 minutes.

Also, the more time you spend with your chickens, the funner they are! They will get to know you, they will enjoy your company, & you will enjoy theirs!
~Red

* I have 2 girls (hens). They're great, both of them. As to food, it has to be kept absolutely dry-- wet/damp feed grows molds very, very fast that can kill your chickens. I feed my girls enough to fill their crops 2-3 times a day. Other people fill the feeder and let them eat all day. Either way can work-- but our weather here is unpredicable and icky critters that steal/mess up feed are rampant, so I personally do not leave feed out.

Back
Top Bottom