Do they look ok you? (Pics attached)

Well there is still sneezing/coughing, it is tough to tell what it is actually. I think by molt you mean loss of feathers? Well i have seen a few around, but the thing that worries me is the weight loss. I grabbed an adult hen and her body felt like a hull of a wooden boat....

I went this morning to feed them, and i saw loads of feathers around their area. I guess this can explain why they are so quiet the last couple of days, and why they don't lay eggs as normal.

Pale droopy comb and lethargy -my best guess-my little bantam roo did that, it was the heat. I moved him to total shade under a tree, and dunked him in a bowl of water or with the hose a few times, and ice in the drinking water and he perked up within a day.

In the following days the heat will go down. I am not sure if my hens & roosters will appreciate the shower.....
big_smile.png

It seems that this flock is doomed to extinction. I found one hen with swollen head. Do you think it is a good idea to start killing those that are sick? My turkey has the disease for more than 6 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom