Do you all keep a pair of 'coop only shoes'?

Do you keep a pair of 'coop only' shoes?

• Total voters
I *should*, but I can't currently afford another pair of muck boots and I have chickens housed in multiple places around the yard.

I wear my muck boots for all messy yard chores and in the chicken coop. They live on a boot tray just inside the door.

I never keep shoes, gloves, etc. outside because I once put my hand into a garden glove that was stored on a shelf outdoors with the tools and found a wasp setting up house in one of the fingers. :eek:
I had the same thing happen only it was a giant spider. I put my hand in the glove, felt the squish and pulled my hand out to see a nice fat gooey spider on my finger🤮 Never will I ever keep anything I wear outside again!

I answered yes because we currently have chicken only shoes in a trash can by the run, but before the HPAI scare we did not (so I just used my garden shoes back then). The garden shoes don't leave the property but since we have waterfowl that hang out in certain times of the year, best that I don't track around the property and then wear those boots into the run.

Yup

Attachments

• FA38F980-BD09-446B-9A09-C7413B88ADBE.jpeg
    FA38F980-BD09-446B-9A09-C7413B88ADBE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Same, but then go clean my feet off with the hose. Unless I can find my crocs, then I wear those but most of the time i don't know where they are.
I could never go barefoot to my chickens! My coop is 100 feet away from the house and to get there I'd have to walk through goat heads, pine needles and sharp pine cone pieces. It would be like walking in a minefield lol. No soft grass to walk on in the high desert mountains!

Back
Top Bottom