Do You Dream In Color?

Color and scent here. Usually intriguing, occasionally scary. Always vivid, I usually need a few minutes to sort it all out in the morning.

I am semi-fluent in Spanish and I often dream in Spanish. (used to live in Ecuador) That always confuses DH in the morning. Luckily, I have taught the dogs in both, as well as hand signals.

I will sometimes fight to get back into a dream because I like it.
big_smile.png

Now I'm interested in what the article says about people who dream in black and white.

I, personally, dream in color and have both good and bad dreams, though I tend to remember the bad dreams more vividly since they usually wake me up mid-dream. A couple of nights ago I murdered 11 people between 11:30 pm and 3:00 am.
hmm.png
roll.png
lol.png

I'm actually not sure. I remember a lot of them, they are usually recurring dreams, but I remember feelings much more than sights.

Woodmort, I find that fascinating. I come from black and white days, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dream every night, usually more than one, long, detailed, intense dreams. Full color, full pain, everything is 100% real. last night, one of the ones I remembered in the morning was I was at my dad's house, and he was trying to figure out how to wash the pad on his hammock.. i was advising him to throw it in the washer, since getting a new one wouldn't be super expensive... and since this one was soiled with mouse ick, i felt that trying to wash it, with bleach would make more sense. then there was more mouse ick and some oily smudges on his brown leather briefcase, and I told him to try to scrub it with an antibacterial lysol wipe, and then apply mink oil.

Often I have bad dreams, sometimes so bad that I literally cannot talk about them. sometimes I fall off a cliff, and instead of waking up, I hit the ground and feel all my bones shatter... then I usually try to scream... if I'm lucky, i make enough noise that my husband (when He's home) will wake me up.. if not, I will writhe on the ground, all broken and bloody for what feels like hours. once, i was eaten alive by a werewolf... from the legs up.

When my best friend died 6 years ago, i visited her in my dreams. I swear I was visiting her at her new house in Heaven. God had given her a new truck, and she didn't want to talk about how much I was missing her... she said "it doesn't matter now, come sit on the swing, and we can chat"... she was a beautiful woman, and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. I am very glad to know that she is safe and without pain.

The article said that people who reported dreaming in black and white were ones that had B&W television (must have been back in the day) and that some people who don't notice their surroundings and colors very much don't dream their colors as vividly and so their memory of the dream fades quickly to shades of grey the next morning.

Flying dreams, I do not get as much as when I was younger. I still get them though. I have to watch out for the power lines, and get cold if I et to high up. I also worry about not being able to find my way back.

Loved ones dreams, I lost my father last year.. I have had some very vivid loving dreams/visits... (I like to think of them as the latter..)

Bad dreams are only concerns for the kids. I have worked through the life long bad dreams of decapitating people or where to hide the bodies/oh no some one is going to find them dreams.... Those do not occur anymore.....
smile.png
wee.gif

Yes I recall many dreams from childhood too.

ON

I can not imagine a black and white dream....
hmm.png

Last edited:
First off, interesting thread! I always dream in color. Very vividly, too. I always remember at least one dream when I awake. I actually didn't think that people dreamed in black and white until years ago my grandmaw asked me if I ever dream in color. I don't have nightmares often, but when I do, it's usually medical related. For years and years I had two recurring dreams. The first was me escaping from getting kidnapped behind an old school building by a man who looked just like Robert Urich (yes, strange). The second was me falling and falling and falling endlessly in a spiral from atop a church choir-loft and always waking up JUST before I hit the ground. Thankfully I haven't had those since I was a teenager. Like ranchhand, I too will sometimes dream completely in another language; French (which I speak, but not very often).

How often do you dream? Every night, when I nap, they sneak in when I daydream, etc
Do you dream in color or black and white?
Always in color. Never remember having a black and white dream.
Lots of bad dreams or only sometimes?
Not necessarily *bad* dreams, but some are unpleasant. Usually bizarre things that leave me with a sense of 'unfinished things', that I can't remember.
My husband is convinced aliens take me some nights as soon as I fall asleep (it is the only explanation for my unexplained behaviour).
smile.png

Lisa

Just curious.....was reading an article on people who only dream in black and white and was wondering if this is common.

I dream in color. I dream every night. I don't often have bad dreams but I do have some very bizarro ones!

Back
Top Bottom