Do you enjoy making Jams, Jellies and Marmalade's?

BlueLagoonRabbitry

Songster
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Western Iowa
I decided to start a thread for all you "jammers" out there. We can share experiences on products and recipes along with posting your website or things you have for sale in the auction forum on here. :D

Have A Great Day
~ BlueLagoonRabbitry

YES! Someone just brought me in some rhubarb and I will be making a batch tonight! I am so excited. Yummm! I recently started making Jams and Jellies because there are so many wild berries up here and I hate to see them go to waste. So I made a batch of Jam. After seeing how easy and DELICIOUS it was I was HOOKED! The one kind I can NOT keep on my shelf because everyone LOVES it and steals it is a Wine Jelly. Yum!

Oh exciting! I am new and discovering how to navigate through this site. I LOVE making jams and jellies and ever since I have started, no one in my family will eat the store bought stuff. Just another step to self-sufficiency. :)

black raspberry jelly i think is the best ....we should take a vote on what the best jelly/jam is lol..my vote is for black raspberry :)..id have to say ..home made apple butter is next ..we make some killer butter ..pear butter is to die for lol

Yes, I am so happy I have found a thread in its early stages that I can join. I really enjoy making jams, jellies, and preserves. I don't have much experience with making them without fruit pectin, but I would like to get a recipe that solidifies without additives. I dislike any store bought jelly, as it is like Jell-O, and it's so darn difficult to spread on biscuits, or toast. I like homemade jelly, as it spreads very easily, and it can be any jelly you want, you don't have to stick with whatever is available on the store shelf. Still have a little bit of apple butter in the fridge.

MMmm! I love homemade apple butter on homemade waffles, or made from scratch pancakes.

I was going to make strawberry rhubarb also...but some type of bugs just destroyed our whole strawberry crop :(

I was going to make strawberry rhubarb also...but some type of bugs just destroyed our whole strawberry crop :(

Bummer!

I am going to make plum jelly tomorrow.

Have any of you guys tried mixing flavors to make jelly.

I made a grape/plum jelly, it was my favorite out of the grape, plum, and grape/plum jellies I made.

Have any of you tried making monte cristos with homemade apricot preserves. Oh me oh my! Talk about finger licking good.

Back
Top Bottom