Do you ever encounter people that don't know where eggs come from?

I had guest over on Monday and the chickens were the talk of the party. Here is some of the city slicker things that went on

They did not believe that I could just let them out and they go back into the coop by themselves or that they follow me around the yard.

Some of the kids where afraid of the chickens and were freaking out as my Isa Brown walked up to him looking for treats.

Some people chaised them and they made many references to the Movie "Rocky" while doing it.

They were also amazed when they just rolled around in the mulch for 40 minutes and had to tell me that the mulch was getting all in the grass...ya so what? I'll rake it up later.

1 person said she could not eat food if she knows where it comes from (referencing the eggs).

There was some good honest questions from people who just have never been exposed to them. But a lot of dumb questions.

I have a friend, and she is a good person, but she won't eat my eggs cuz they're brown. She thnks the brown is poo. She is not an uneducated woman, she would give you the world, but she has alot of hangups about food. She will not eat my meat birds either, b/c she has met them.

She tried not to pass her food issues onto her children. She is aware she has issues.
lol.png

When people wonder why we don't need a rooster to get eggs, I always tell them that it works just like people. For women, when they give me the confused look, I say, "you pass eggs whether there's a man around or not, don't you?"

Most of the women get it then. The men just get embarrassed.
lol.png

The majority of my family, my inlaws, and my friends will not eat anything I grow, eggs, or chicken. I haven't had any meat birds or eggs yet, but I have been told they are not eating any of the above a my house anymore.

My favorite is that the blood spot is the chicken, or maybe " aren't you worried about the bird flu"

Today my hubby confused an alpaca with an emu. He kept asking me if you could get alpaca eggs. I was like what are you talking about? He finally said like an ostrich, that is when I understood he meant emu.

Debbie

The sitter who watches my kids had no clue that peahens laid eggs! Actually, she asked 'do peacocks laid eggs?' and this was right after my explaining how peahens are females and peacocks are males!
smack.gif
th.gif

Not that they don't know where eggs come from... but 4 people now have asked how I get eggs when I don't have a rooster... 3 were women, so I reminded them that they too make eggs even if they don't have a boyfriend...
Now that got some looks... is that what a chicken egg is?? an ovum?? ewww!! olol!

Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure my mom isn't eating the eggs that I gave her either - maybe because I gave them to her unwashed.
She's fairly keen on "natural" and healthy bacteria and good stuff like that so I explained that I wash them right before I crack them - because of the bloom. She was like "well your dad won't wash them!" so I told her to go ahead and wash them all now, since they were in the fridge anyway.

I called her a week later and I'm 99% sure she lied to me when I asked if she had tried my eggs. OH well if she's not eating them then I'll find someone more appreciative!

Back
Top Bottom