Do you feed your chickens meat....(like chicken)?

I get human grade meat scrapes for my dogs at the local meat market. I feed the chickens the smaller pieces and they LOVE it.

Ever see Jurassic Park? Remember those mean little human-sized dinosaurs that ate anything they could catch?

Really, I look at my chickens as miniature velociraptors with feathers.
I'm just glad that I'm twenty times bigger'n they are or else they'd be chasing me instead of my grasshoppers!

20030630-2444-DDM-Velociraptor.jpg

We also treat our chickens like velociraptors. Can't trust 'em any further than you can throw 'em, though you can trust them even less if you make a habit of throwin' 'em.

My chickens love chicken...

I admit once in awhile when I am walking through the yard and look behind me and there are 16 hens on my heels, watching my every move... I am glad they don't have teeth. What if I stumbled? lol. Not really, my girls love me... I think.

Ms.FuzzyButts :

I feed mine chicken and turkey all the time and they love it... Nothing is funnier (and twisted) to me than seeing a chicken run a wide open sprint across the yard with a chicken leg in it's mouth.....
gig.gif

Lol i know right i just love it.
gig.gif

I fed them a pound of cooked ground beef last night
big_smile.png
Someone spilled it at work (it's for topping pizza with) and I said "don't throw it away! put it back in the pan and I'll feed it to my chickens!" LOL they are used to me taking expired stuff and leftover pizzas to my chickens at night. My bosses all say they'd rather see us take it home even for the animals than wasted in the trash.

I took them "expired" chicken wings once, chicken nuggets, chopped grilled chicken (that goes on pizza); carcasses leftover from chicken and turkey stock or after a holiday....pretty much ANYTHING goes. The only meat they have turned up their noses, er, beaks at was fish. Somebody cleaned fish at the river and left the heads/bones so I took them for my birds. They wouldn't touch them. I figured they'd get over their initial fright after a while, and they'd disappear like everything else does.....but nooooo they never ate them and it made a lot of flies
roll.png
My dogs won't eat raw fish either.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom