Do you feed your chickens meat....(like chicken)?

wee.gif
This is how our chickens act when we come to the coop with a steak bone. We had birthday steak the other night & gave them the bones. My gosh, it was like a shark feeding frenzy. I haven't tried any fish yet, but heard it was something they love. Mine also get scrambled egg w/yogurt & some kind of veg or fruit. The other day they had leftover homemade chicken noodle soup w/veggies.
I was reading on one of the BYC's forums that eating meat protein helps in preventing "feather plucking" of each other.

Quote:
The spice is actually good for Chickens. I would love to get some of your curry recipes. I am certain they will be different from any curry I have ever tasted. Do you make Schwarma in Pakistan? Or is that a different style of cooking. PM or email me because I know this is off topic.

Just made a batch of spicy chili for our church and had more than I could fit in the crockpot. Put it in a big bowl and took it out to our Barred-Rock-Velociraptors. Don't know what got them more excited, the spices or all the ground beef (it was a LOT) in the chili!

I had reserved a bowlful of ground round for the dogs, but DH saw it and without asking, took it out the the chickens, too!
he.gif
When I asked him why he did that he said,"Well, it was where you always put the chicken scraps!" Then he added that he was lucky to have gotten out of the run alive--they loved it so much!

I almost gave them some leftover chicken egg roll, but husband acted like that was too creepy, so the pups got the egg roll treat.

Back
Top Bottom