Do you feed your roos layer feed?

Pics
Wait a minute I had roosters once and I kept feeding them layer feed is this bad I did sell them off so they'll be getting better food if I was feeding them the wrong thing but I will be getting an incoming rooster and need to know something will they all flock food stop the layers from laying eggs or will it slow down protection or just keep up the laying I do have a food that's 17% layer feed and all the rest is vegetables peas and seeds including grains so will that work or do I have to buy a completely different food now.

Wait a minute I had roosters once and I kept feeding them layer feed is this bad I did sell them off so they'll be getting better food if I was feeding them the wrong thing but I will be getting an incoming rooster and need to know something will they all flock food stop the layers from laying eggs or will it slow down protection or just keep up the laying I do have a food that's 17% layer feed and all the rest is vegetables peas and seeds including grains so will that work or do I have to buy a completely different food now.
All flock is better for roosters, because layer feed has extra calcium in it. That extra calcium is great to give hens nice, strong eggshells, but when it goes unused, it can cause organ damage over time. If you provide all flock or grower feed, everyone can eat it (hens, roos, chicks, teenagers), and you can provide oystershell on the side to give the ladies the calcium boost they need. If any birds don't need the calcium, they won't take it.

Attaching the label from the layer pellets.

Attachments

• 20201113_214957.jpg
    20201113_214957.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201113_215001.jpg
    20201113_215001.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 10
The extra calcium in Layer feed will cause damage to a roosters kidneys.
Just buy All Flock feed and put out oyster shells in a seperate container for the hens.

Back
Top Bottom