Do you have a family member that gets on your nerve?

Oh yeah where'd you get that pic of that cow on your avatar- That looks just like my cousin. I got some ugly cousins, My poor aunt (God rest her soul) had 10 kids. 9 of em were ugly and the only one that ain't is in prison. Out there in Oklahoma i think
lol.png

Well, I googled for images, saw this'n and it killed me! You should see it full size LOL! Poor kids, ya should see one of my cuzins! Lord, he looked just like a gargoyle (spellin?) when he was born... Aint no better lookin now LOL!

She may be a bit envious of YOU!! Yes, I believe she is as you are so content with your life and sound like a very good person, too...doing all those family members' hair.

And if she did not feel so insecure about herself, she would never feel the need to brag either.

I have tried to teach my children that it is not a person's race or BANK ACCOUNT that matter, but their character. You must have the kind of character she would like to have, but perhaps does not know how to obtain it?

Just keep being yourself.
wee.gif
smile.png

You any where near red rock? I went there in the 80,s to the Otoe Indian Reservation to play bingo. Didn't win nothing. This nice lady on the bus back bought me something to eat. I came home dead broke.
roll.png

ChickaD wrote:
Maybe the person who started this thread --could imagine what the relative would look like if she had a mohawk or a shaved head ..Maybe that would her get thru it!!

Oh goodness, you guys are a hoot I love your replys, and believe me I am a totally light hearted person and I do not let my cousin get to me, I do pray do her though. It just seems an every conversation thing with her and her parents, and siblings( just their group). The rest of us in the family all know this about them, most of us are christian and my grand-daddy is a preacher so we pray for them, and as one of my fav songs say " love em' anyway" and we do. It's just a 'lil' nerve rackin' and more blah..blah..me..me..sometimes
roll.png
Ya know.​

This forum is a good way to get some of this stuff off our chest. With all this stuff we have said and all the funny stuff thats been said-- I consider this therapy. Maybe the next time we have to endure these relatives some of the the things that have been said here will come to mind. Then you can sit there with a big stupid grin on you face and they will have no clue what's going behind that smile. If that don't work try googlin chocolate cake with ex-lax frosting
tongue.png

I've really enjoyed this thread and talking to you all. Seriously , I try to get along with everybody, but there are some who you get forced to be around that make it almost impossible.

What about the one people that work at wal mart and Mcdonald's or at some of the drugstores who get smart with you no matter how nice and polite you are trying to be? Any of you ever run into them?

Wayne

Quote:
MY moms b/f is the same way and he really gets on my nerves. He is lazy and selfish and cares about himself. When house cleaning day comes he just sits on his bed on the laptop and drinks his beer while we work our butts off. His only excuse is "I pay the bills". If HIS dog has an accident he wont touch it. I have to. I take care of his chickens and he dont do anything but look at them. If I am in my room and he is in his he asks me for a beer even though his room is closer to the fridge. I have a attress that was my great grandmas. Its really old. It has nothing but horse hair and springs covered in fabric. Well the bed is tearing apart and making me itch to wear I am bleeding and he wont put the mattress on his car which is the ONLY running car here, yet he puts a king mattress on his car and he is fine with that? WTH? HE eats my food that I make for myself. I have to do all the electrician jobs in the house cause he cant do it. I do the carpentry work cause he cant do it. I do the lanscaping job cause he whines and moans about it being tough work. He dont cook. I do all the cooking. I cant move out cause I am unemployed and have no money and no place to go. If I mention one thing about cleaning he tells my mom and whines to her saying "Irene your kids are yelling at me". He is as bad as a 2 year old and I blame his parents. His parents spoiled him and never taught him responsiblility. They did all the chores while he got to play games. I been doing chores since I was 8. He is also over exageratting (SP?) with almost everything. He also has a problem that I cant remember what its called. example : Before we moved into this house we where cleaning out our old house. He got a splinter and screams OW! I need to go to the hospital. I have a splinter. Am I going to die? He screams at a fake rat really loud just to get attention. I dont know what to do. My hair is starting to turn gray and thinning cause of the amount of stress he puts on me. He aggravates me. Like I siad. If I tell him off my mom will kick me out because she cares about him more then her own kids and I am not lying. I yelled at him once about this and she said "Go move in with your father".

I forgot to add: When I got into a fight with him he called me ungrateful.
roll.png
Huh? Now who do you think is ungrateful?

I am done venting

Last edited:
hypnofrogstevie,
Sounds like you have a real doozee for a step-dad, I am soo sorry to hear of your pain. oh I wish I could hug you right now :aww, poor thing. I have a son and my DH is his step dad has been since my son has been five, he's a teenager now. He better NOT be unfair to my son. He calls me MommaHen and not because I have chickens either. He calls me that because I will take his head off if I think he is being unfair to my son. He is a good dad, and my son knows he is, but sometimes he can be unsensitive about things that my DS is sensitive about and that's where Ol' MommaHen comes in
somad.gif
, and then it's on like donkey kong with me. Hey' I'll stand up for anyone I feel like has been done unfairly especially my own. So my heart goes out to you, you just hang in there and see if there are any extra blankets around that maybe you could put on top of your mattress under your sheets to help, are you close enough to a workplace where maybe you could walk too and get a job to save up to have mattress delivered. Oh I'd like to have a talk with that fellow
duc.gif
. Your in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom