Do you have a family member that gets on your nerve?

Oooh, I feel your pain.

My most obnoxious relative is my cousin who really isn't rich, but puts on these atrocious airs... She's a SAHM and they barely make ends meet - and the only reason they have a house and can feed their family is because both their parents subsidize them big time. It's really, really obnoxious.

I could have smacked her when she said something about how she would never deign to live in a trailer... Well, sweetheart, you grew up in one. Get over yerself!

GAH. Several of my friends live in trailers because that is what is within their means, and I think they are smart for doing so.

She also accused her SIL of being trashy because she has a (gasp) tattoo. I think my cousin forgot that she told me at one time not to tell anybody because SHE had a tattoo put on her back (DUH).

The one and only time we went out to eat with her - she was SO rude to the busy waitstaff that we were just mortified.

Gag. It's such a bummer because my cousin was the cutest, sweetest little girl and she grew up to be such a hiney.

Oh, I have those kind of family members too. I think everyone does, somewhere along the lines. It sounds to me like she sees that you are so happy with not much of anything (sounds like me
smile.png
) and here she has everything and yet, is not happy. People who feel miserable inside tend to try and drag the happy people around them down to their level of misery through jealousy. I'm not certain why it always works that way, but it really does. It seems that I have to deal with it on a regular basis. I'm sure if you could step inside your cousin's shoes, you would see a girl who is truly miserable and trying to find happiness but doesn't know where to look to find it. A lot of stress usually comes with the lifestyle of the rich. It's not always a bed of roses for sure, not that I would know. Just speaking from what I've seen in my lifetime. Hang in there girl!
smile.png

I have a cousin that gets on my nerves, she is a thief and a liar. The best way I found to deal with it is to EXPECT nothing good to come from her and to move many miles away.
wink.png

Lurky wrote:
BTW... I have a 90 year old gram with untreated bipolar disorder. I could write a book LOL

OOOOOOOOh Lurky! I once had a friend who was bi-polar she would NOT go get tested for it. But I knew she had it because my step mom is bi-polar and I know the behavior, and with meds she could (lets just say to be freindly) "behave". You never knew what would bother her one minute and what would'nt the next. Boooy could I tell you some stories on that one. Of course she wanted everyone to love her and just her, she would HATE it if you were good at something and she was not, well like a bread pudding recipe with bourbon sauce( very little bourbon) of mine, everyone loves it, including her DH. So I gave her the recipe and I put it in the local bank cookbook for everyone else to have. She made some and it did not turn out right. She swore up and down even to the point of slamming her hair brush down that I did not give her my recipe
ep.gif
. I could'nt believe it, now, why would I put my name on it for the whole county to see in the bank cookbook if it were not my recipe
th.gif
. Oh I'm soo glad I quit answering her phone calls. I could tell more and more...yeah write a book I totally understand.​

Last edited:
When I was growing up I guess we were considered poor . We always lived in the country in little houses that cost about 30-50 a month rent , drove old cars and trucks and didn't have new clothes. Some of the people I went to school with had their noses way up in the air. Later I thought about it and realized most of the snobby kids lived in subdivisions and they're parents probaly owed more than they could ever make. The "really rich" kids who had "real" money were always more friendly and open and didn't seem to be snobby. I also know a lot of people who grew up without a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of, who think they're stuff don't stink. I'm sure everybody knows people like that or are even kin to them. Oh and by the way-- I've run into a lot of those "pretty" people over the years and a lot of them have gotten fat or old --just like me--
lol.png
--wayne

Last edited:
cwc362 wrote:
Oh and by the way-- I've run into a lot of those "pretty" people over the years and a lot of them have gotten fat or old --just like me-- --wayne

Oh yeah, that reminds me, she also pointed out that she recently lost 35 pounds, I guess she pointed it out because I had not mentioned it yet.(Sheesh...didn't have time to get in a word yet...blah..blah..blah,,me..me..me.
barnie.gif
lau.gif
)​

yuckyuck.gif

Good thing we have this group of like-minded, down-to-earth friendly folks here to help keep us sane...or at least we're all the same kind of nuts (I mean that in a good way - honest!)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It must be a popular name as we have one as well!

Like others said, only insecure people would brag like that. Old money never talks!

You never know, they may be in debt up to their eyeballs.

Yeah that's what I was trying to think of a while ago--"old money"-- Even now I have a couple of friends who are "old money" They are really down to earth . I think maybe some people are ashamed of where they came from and maybe it's painful for them so maybe they try to overcompensate and build themselves up. Who knows I'm not a pscyhatrist , I just need one!! Oh and evidently not a good speller either- !!!Wayne
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom