Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

Corgis and Scottish Terriers.
Corgis are very smart, willing and fit dogs, as long as you train and feed them right. We love ours, and he is the most well behaved corgi of an we know. HE will follow you anywhere and is very smart. If a chicken gets loose he will gently catch is for me and hold it until I walk over and pick it up.

Scotties have an amazing drive and ability and intelligence. They can be stubborn, but I dont care. My scotty killed a mink all by herself, and it was as long as her!
She is very sensitive and smart, always outsmarting me. ANd she can tell when your sad. SHe will come over and cuddle. Opinionated yes, but I live her!

Funny that I saw this thread. I was just reading one about chicken breeding and how you should eat the ones that don't meet the standards. I laughed to myself when I thought "I'm glad they aren't dog breeders."
lol.png

I have 2 a Black Lab and a Shepard mix. The Lab is a better mannered dog. I think the other must have been hit in the head at one time.

Quote:
A pit will get along great with it's own dog family members. Mine shares her food bowl with my two long coated chihuahuas.....but no strange dog better step foot on this place or she will get pretty upset about it. Especially if it's another female dog.

106955_roxy.jpg

My current dog, Roxy, is the best dog I have ever had. When we got her, we wanted a shepherd or shepherd mix. The first dog we were going to adopt was purebred, 9 months old, from a rescue league. They ended up 'bumping' us as they had a search and rescue that wanted her, so we were given first choice on the next shepherd type dog to come in.

We couldn't be happier with our girl. She's six years old now, and we're going to be looking for another puppy in the next year so she can help us train it.
smile.png

Quote:
She's beautiful
love.gif

Thank you! We have no clue what all she might be mixed with - she has a curled tail and a purple & pink tongue, a coarse overcoat and fluffy undercoat - maybe some chow. She also loves to herd - kids, cats, chickens, lol. I'd love to find another dog with her looks, personality, and intelligence.

When we were adding on to our chicken pen, we had a large section of the fence open - she kept the chickens in the corner while we worked, we didn't have to worry about them at all.

ooo thats kidna a long list.

but if i had to narrow it down to 5:

#1 chinese crested...there beutiful and funny looking all in one, there the perfect compact size, sweet, loyal and hey you dont have to make excuses when you dress them up LOL

#2 cane corso...i mean whats not to love, they are stunning

#3 american bulldog...i love their personalities and think they are pretty dogs

#4/5 tie between the sarplaniac and the Central asian shepherd...(i plan on getting 2 of either breed as LGDS in the future)

the lists ALOT longer if we include them all but id be here all day lol.

i am owned by chinese cresteds and now an american bulldog x cane corso too
smile.png

if i can get a sarpie and a CAS in the future ill be all set lol.

I like dogs kept for the right purpose. I don't like hunting or sledding dogs as pets.

I like companion dogs, and a mixed-breed is a great way to go. I also like herding dogs as pets.

88997_whomecrop.jpg

On the left is Dial, a 10 year old Austrailian Shepherd (that looks like a Border Collie) with my dog, Akela, a year old Boxer / Blue Heeler mix - an obsessed stalker freak that wants to be with me every second. He is the best dog in the world!

88997_download10202010_015.jpg

Last edited:
Saint Bernards
Great Danes
Goldendoodles
Clumber spaniels
Cocker spaniels
Mastiffs

um.... i have lots more... but those are top of my list..
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom