Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

Quote:
Same here! They are by far the smartest most loyal dogs I have ever had the pleasure to share my home with! We have had 5 GSDs through the years as well as other breeds but GSDs are the best!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/P1030935cropped.jpg

OT - I always enjoy seeing pics of your GSDs. Such beautiful dogs.
love.gif

Mine would be huskies,malamutes,shelties,golden retrievers, Great pyrenees.I don't own any off my list I only own a cocker spaniel and soon to be a cavalier

I love Catahoula's too, they are awesome predator control, good watch dogs, good family dogs, I just love them. I don't have one right now but I will again some day. For now I enjoy the one my neighbor's have!

My mixed breed cow dog is a favorite too, she's Queensland Heeler, Border Collie and McNab. Easily the smartest dog I've ever owned, there is one quick little brain in that furry head! Great family dog, great watch dog and she's good with my chickens too.

I'd have a hard time picking a favorite breed. I have 3 breeds right now....Pit bull, Long Coated Chihuahuas and Anatolian Shepherds. I love them all......but they are VERY different from each other. I love them all in different ways. My Pit bull is a clown. She keeps us laughing all the time. She's brilliant and one of the best dogs I have ever owned. My chihuahuas are my little girls. they are on my lap when ever I sit down and are very cuddly. Dumb as rocks, but cuddly. The anatolians are very down-to-earth. They are affectionate, but not over the top like my pit bull is. They are reserved and calm. So 3 different kind of personalities.....and I adore them all. I could not pick a favorite breed among them. and then when you toss in breeds I have owned in the past, it's even harder to pick.

own of our first dogs (DH and I as a family) was a pit/aussie mix. His name was the Loki and he was an awesome dog. Super intelligent, loving to all people, terrified of cats, hated other dogs, but he would do anything for his family.

I would own another pit, but I know that it would probably have to be an only dog.

Grit, thanks! I love seeing your guys too. Your boy reminds me of Rayden. He is my sweetie and a total mama's boy. Of course, that mean's you don't mess with his mama or he gets upset!

Quote:
We have been curious as to how Kane (the bi-color and MY boy) would react if I were in distress. Kane is laid back, loves everybody. Jax is our intense boy, all prey drive, all the time. Kane is still very much a puppy, despite his size.

Yep, we call them "the boys"

Your dogs remind me of two I grew up with that my uncle owned named Smoky and Duchess. They were brother and sister. He had them for years..Finally, he had to put Smoky down....Duchess died a few days later....I swear it was from a broken heart. She had never been seperated from her brother and was not going to let his death seperate them.​

My favorite is the American Hairless Terrier. I imported one as I'm foreign & she is the light of my life. Everyone who meets her, adores her & jokes about taking her home. I always tell them that there is a very long line of people wanting to take her home, so step in line
wink.png

She's something special but the breed in general is super & as long as one is prepared to spray sun-screen on the dog along with the kids, before everyone goes out in the sun & making sure ALL the family has warm clothes on in winter, then they are the most adaptable, intelligent dogs I've encountered.
If I were to have a big (and outside) dog, I love the working German Shepherd lines & the Vlcak is another nice dog we have in this country. I also like the look of Afghan Hound but haven't heard good things about their temperament.

This is Guvriella aka Ellah:
004.jpg

Kalia035.jpg

109.jpg

She can act the princess or get down with the farm boys as needed. The perfect dog..but I'm biased
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Your dogs remind me of two I grew up with that my uncle owned named Smoky and Duchess. They were brother and sister. He had them for years..Finally, he had to put Smoky down....Duchess died a few days later....I swear it was from a broken heart. She had never been seperated from her brother and was not going to let his death seperate them.

You have just described my worst nightmare. Jax and Kane are brothers/cousins. They share a sire and their dams are sisters. Jax was more or less a rescue; we got him when he was 13 weeks old. Jax was 11 months old when we brought Kane home.

Jax was smiling the day we brought Kane home:

4810_emptycam_227.jpg

So close they seem joined at the hip, I can't imagine the heartache one would suffer if they lost the other. This after we were warned that we could not have two males dogs that would get along.

Back
Top Bottom