Do you have a favorite breed of dog?

Quote:
AH! That's so awesome! I want a wolf dog, but I havnt gotten one due to the things I've heard about them... Since I already have my white GSD lady, I guess there's no need for now... Bit GOD I'd love to have one! Your lucky!

Thank you very much. I am very lucky. They are wonderful creatures but require alot of attention and training. Sadly they are greatly misunderstood. Here's my thread about wolf dogs for more information.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=580641

Quote:
Wolf dogs are domestic dogs that are bred with wolves. They are not a actual breed because their are many combinations. Common breeds used are huskies,malamutes,German Shepard, cane corsos. Many different wolf species are used as well.

Here's some of my crew.
104744_dscn0100.jpg

104744_dscn0093.jpg

104744_img_0448.jpg

i had a springer spaniel,who was my first "baby".when she died i vowed never to get that attached again,and i haven't.
Big dogs-catahoulas mastiffs,rotties
medium dogs-heelers,springer spaniels,brittany spaniels
small dogs-Papillon ,maltese,shi-tzu
since dogs are best when they are used for what they were bred for,it is hard to narrow it down.i guess it would all depend on what i am doing at the time

edited to spell "shi-tzu" correctly
tongue.png

Last edited:
I love all dogs but my favorites are great danes, Anatolian Shepherds, doxies and dalmatians I have 2 great danes 1 australian shepherd 2 doxies 1 chihuahua and 1 akita here are some pics

this is timpani but this is an old pic she is about 6-7 months old
107628_puppies_001.jpg

107628_kdk_0331.jpg

here are me and her camping at the cost we had so much fun we went to the beach and every thing
107628_kdk_0373.jpg

107628_kdk_0400.jpg

107628_kdk_0401.jpg

here are me and tampani evrey where
107628_kdk_0003.jpg

107628_kdk_0010.jpg

107628_kdk_0011.jpg

107628_kdk_0012.jpg

this is timpani and ashiko this is them pritty much now but timpani is pregnet now
big_smile.png
but thay are the best dog I have ever had. we have went on so many trips with her.
107628_116_0984.jpg

koco the chihuahua she is a tea cup she only weighs 2 or 3 ponds
107628_kdk_0321.jpg

Last edited:
I have 6 dogs right now, which include 2 Border Collie mixes, a Shepherd mix, a Doberman, a Min-Pin, & a Dashund. My favorite breed, hands down, is the Doberman. I've had 5 over the last 35 years, & will have them for as long as I can.
This is Hoss,..... a.k.a. Goofus a.k.a. Dufus, a.k.a. Bonehead
44102_lr_floor_052.jpg

44102_lr_floor_044.jpg

Last edited:
i love any dog that is a rescue.
we fostered my dog after the shelter saved him from another shelter nearby cause they were going to put him down just because he needed eye surgery and they didnt want to pay for it. he was around 5 months old at the time and found as a stray. when we first got him he was extremly protective of his food, and a extreme runner. if there was someway to escape he'd find it, after a few months , my parents got sick of having a foster dog so one day while i was at school with out me knowing about it they sent him back, 2 months later we went to petco and he was their, he saw me before i saw him and he started barking and whining at me. as soon as i sat down he jumped in my lap. i found out no one would foster him so they threw him in a kennal for the 2 months i made my mom let us take him back home and ever since i have had some temperment issues with him that he got from the kennal but . now he is my 4h obedince dog and helps me train other foster dogs. i love him and i would never give him up for anything. he is a cocker lab mix
we also have a cockapoo puppy from a puppymill and a 7 year old husky that was surverly abused and neglected as a puppy. we will never buy from a pet store or breeder

Dachshunds will probably always be first in my heart. I also love goldens and own one. I love a lot of different hound breeds and hound mixes and have always admired Dobermans too, although I've never owned one.

Back
Top Bottom