Do you have a picture of a Cherry Egger or Golden Comet?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kathyinmo, Oct 2, 2010.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

A friend of mine is wondering if he has a Cherry Egger or a Golden Comet, probably about 5 months old. Do you have a picture I can show him, so he can see if that is what he has? Thanks.

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I will try to get one - - - but there is a very good way to describe a golden comet - - -

They remind you of Angel Food Cake - - -lightly golden brown on the ouside and white inside. This is the coloring of a comet - - light golden brown with white undercoat . . .

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Well, my neighbor had 4 golden comets, at least that is what the feed store said they were, and they were all varying shades of orange. Two had the white underneath, one was almost rust colored, and one was a light rust with a darker rust head and hackle feathers, almost like a cape, and no visible white undertones that I saw. I wish I had a picture, but I don't, sorry.

4. math ace

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  5. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Golden Comet.... not a good photo lol
    [​IMG]

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I have a golden comet. She is one of the best egglayers I have. Layed right through the summer heat. Her egg is darker than some of the cuckoo marans I've seen. Very sweet personality too. I'm definitely getting more next spring.

7. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    This is my 21 week old Golden Comet from Cackle, which is btw not laying yet!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. math ace

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote:Doesn't she remind you of angel food cake ? ? ?

9. Klayton1

Klayton1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2014
    Cherry eggers are not quite the same thing as golden comets or sexlinks. The look slightly different and lay a different color of egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by