Do you have a pond?

AidynElyMama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
And if so, would you be willing to share a pic? I'm sure this has been asked before, but as I'm still figuring out my way around I thought I'd ask.
smile.png
I'd like to put in a pond for my girls this year and could use some inspiration.

Thanks!

TLWR

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
Not yet, but it is my goal by the end of this summer/fall.
I have lots of ideas - a quick raised bed one or just kind of making a larger one in an area where there seems to have been an above ground pool. So I've decided to wait until I have a better idea of what we want to do with the close part of our back yard. And since we are just about to finish up the garage, I don't want to jump into any new expense just yet since that was a $$$ project.

*DuckLuvR*

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Coweta, Oklahoma
Yes, I've got a 1/4 acre pond in my backyard I worked on last year. Then again I live on 10 acres. It's got fish, frogs & mud turtles in it right now. I guess I did okay as I have seen a few Canadian geese on it lately and I've got a Blue Herron that visits. I have a neighbor who put in 2 large cement ponds for the Canadian geese.

I just finished constructing my duck pen, and that will soon have a pond in it. I'm going to use a regular formed pond you get at Lowes, Home Depot or your local nursery. That way they always have a pond. Outside of the pen I am sectioning off an area I call the "Flock Park" and it also will have a pond, but I am using a kiddy pool and cement blocks you use to surrond trees or build retaining walls with for that one.

Hattiegun

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Twin Lakes, Iowa (Manson)
I have had my ducks a year now and this is my first try at everything. My pond has worked very well . I put a stock tank heater in it and they swam all winter. I pull the drain, hose down with the hydrant at the other end and Refill.. It has workd perfect (knock on wood lol) even in -20 weather. I change the water every other day. They LUV their pond..
In the winter I wrapped the pen in plastic, put straw down and put blankets in front of the pond that I change daily so the rocks dont stick to them in the cold.. (yes they are alitttle bit spoiled )

43749_im001851.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_1_1_3_6a.png

43749_hpim1057.jpg

43749_hpim1056.jpg

43749_im001847.jpg

43749_im002180.jpg

43749_tankheater.jpg

Top Bottom