Do you have a pond?

AidynElyMama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
And if so, would you be willing to share a pic? I'm sure this has been asked before, but as I'm still figuring out my way around I thought I'd ask.
smile.png
I'd like to put in a pond for my girls this year and could use some inspiration.

Thanks!

Not yet, but it is my goal by the end of this summer/fall.
I have lots of ideas - a quick raised bed one or just kind of making a larger one in an area where there seems to have been an above ground pool. So I've decided to wait until I have a better idea of what we want to do with the close part of our back yard. And since we are just about to finish up the garage, I don't want to jump into any new expense just yet since that was a $$$ project.

Yes, I've got a 1/4 acre pond in my backyard I worked on last year. Then again I live on 10 acres. It's got fish, frogs & mud turtles in it right now. I guess I did okay as I have seen a few Canadian geese on it lately and I've got a Blue Herron that visits. I have a neighbor who put in 2 large cement ponds for the Canadian geese.

I just finished constructing my duck pen, and that will soon have a pond in it. I'm going to use a regular formed pond you get at Lowes, Home Depot or your local nursery. That way they always have a pond. Outside of the pen I am sectioning off an area I call the "Flock Park" and it also will have a pond, but I am using a kiddy pool and cement blocks you use to surrond trees or build retaining walls with for that one.

I have had my ducks a year now and this is my first try at everything. My pond has worked very well . I put a stock tank heater in it and they swam all winter. I pull the drain, hose down with the hydrant at the other end and Refill.. It has workd perfect (knock on wood lol) even in -20 weather. I change the water every other day. They LUV their pond..
In the winter I wrapped the pen in plastic, put straw down and put blankets in front of the pond that I change daily so the rocks dont stick to them in the cold.. (yes they are alitttle bit spoiled )

43749_im001851.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_1_1_3_6a.png

43749_hpim1057.jpg

43749_hpim1056.jpg

43749_im001847.jpg

43749_im002180.jpg

43749_tankheater.jpg

Back
Top Bottom