Do you have any "spunky" hens that go against your rules?

K-12 Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
Blackie, my Black Star hen, is one of the most spunkiest hens I've had so far. She thinks the the house is her personal nest box(because whenever a hen is in HER nest box, she goes crazy and finds a secret place to lay her egg wether it be the garage, mud room, some random place outside)! Blackie basically does everything I don't want her to do!
roll.png
big_smile.png

That's her in my avatar picture.

Look at this face. Cardboard Chicken was not pleased with this photo op. She's big, She's burly and she's the boss.

OMG I believe that was the dreaded "stink-eye" from Gloria. Definite attitude there.
I'm going to try to put in a picture of my "Sumo sisters", the flocks' enforcers named Godzilla and Mothra.
Unfortunately they were unrepentant bullies and eventually were sent to freezer camp.

I have one like that, her name is Kazooie, a speckled sussex who finds oddball spots I can't reach. I had to remove siding to get to the eggs she laid under the house in a far unreachable corner, then wire off every little spot she could squeeze through, then I found her laying under the shed. Now shes discovered an old empty hutch I had used for the baby ducks and at least its reachable. She also manages to jump over the fencing around vegetable gardens so she can scratch and dig up my plants.

I have one like that, her name is Kazooie, a speckled sussex who finds oddball spots I can't reach. I had to remove siding to get to the eggs she laid under the house in a far unreachable corner, then wire off every little spot she could squeeze through, then I found her laying under the shed. Now shes discovered an old empty hutch I had used for the baby ducks and at least its reachable. She also manages to jump over the fencing around vegetable gardens so she can scratch and dig up my plants.

By chance, has she ever had a buddy named Banjo?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom