Do you have hens in cages?

Quote:
I agree.. You should call a vet. This looks like it is really bad. You need to do something, or put her down.
sad.png

That is what I am trying to do is avoid putting her down as she is super sweet..

Thank you all for your help! I'm not sure though any of the vets in this area see chickens..I need to start calling around

NewChcikenmommy! :

Quote:
I agree.. You should call a vet. This looks like it is really bad. You need to do something, or put her down.
sad.png

That is what I am trying to do is avoid putting her down as she is super sweet..

Thank you all for your help! I'm not sure though any of the vets in this area see chickens..I need to start calling around​

she might w elergic to some thing like grass
sounds dumb but my freind has house that elergic to grass and has where a bag over her mouth when she gose out in pasture

Quote:

Thank you all for your help! I'm not sure though any of the vets in this area see chickens..I need to start calling around

she might w elergic to some thing like grass
sounds dumb but my freind has house that elergic to grass and has where a bag over her mouth when she gose out in pasture

That completely makes sense and that's what I was thinking. I looked as several photos of bumble foot and don'e see any form that looks like her feet. I could bewrong, but they aren't swollen that black you see in the photo is what was left after 3 soaks and light scrubbing with a cloth. the bottom of her feet are hard as a rock. Callused I guess

I would guess an allergy or maybe some genetic thing/condition that caused it. Did it happen while she was still on shavings? Does the condition get worse or better in certain places? Maybe even try different feeds for her and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom